Fruit Kocktail Temporarily Restored

New Mod Added:  Parachutes? Let's Use Maths! (PLUM)

A new mod to help calculate all your parachuting requirements. Full description, instructions, details and download info added to the OP.

Any issues. improvements or ideas, as always please feel free to put forward. Enjoy!

23 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

improvements or ideas

Atmos are hardcoded. For users of planet packs or even something like Realistic Atmospheres it won't work as it should. I suggest just adding a window where you can type in custom pressure, gravity and temperature - and calculate terminal velocity against these values. Also, it will help with more precise calculations in case of landing on high mountains like on Eve or Laythe, where chute landing is very different from ASL. Great mod BTW, always wanted such "realchutes without realchutes". 

Also, for the refuelling mod - distance from the tanker could be higher or configurable from config file. If you want to safely refuel giant OPT plane - 30m is a joke.

Edited by Hohmannson

15 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Atmos are hardcoded. For users of planet packs or even something like Realistic Atmospheres it won't work as it should. I suggest just adding a window where you can type in custom pressure, gravity and temperature - and calculate terminal velocity against these values. Also, it will help with more precise calculations in case of landing on high mountains like on Eve or Laythe, where chute landing is very different from ASL. Great mod BTW, always wanted such "realchutes without realchutes". 

Also, for the refuelling mod - distance from the tanker could be higher or configurable from config file. If you want to safely refuel giant OPT plane - 30m is a joke.

Good suggestions; I’ll see what I can come up with!

Re: refuelling- not sure if mixing mods up? GRAPES is the refuelling one but there’s no “distance from the tanker “ or “30m” setting?

1 hour ago, Kerbal Productions said:

Hey @FruitGoose, I have the ORANGE mod, but it doesn't seem to work. I have the Change Name thing, but there's no new name in the vessel box above :(
Can you please help me? Nice collection of mods anyway! :)

Check the path to the .txt files is correct and files/folders are named correctly or it won’t work. 

Path should be GameData/FruitKocktail/ORANGE/PluginData/1.txt (or 2.txt).

53 minutes ago, FruitGoose said:

Path should be GameData/FruitKocktail/ORANGE/PluginData/1.txt (or 2.txt).

ohhhh, I didn't put the FruitKocktail mod :D

but the question is, the whole ORANGE on the FruitKocktail? and it should only be ONE text file? not two?

thanks in advance :)

9 minutes ago, Kerbal Productions said:

ohhhh, I didn't put the FruitKocktail mod :D

but the question is, the whole ORANGE on the FruitKocktail? and it should only be ONE text file? not two?

thanks in advance :)

No worries it can catch you out.

Yes put the whole ORANGE (and everything inside) into the FruitKocktail folder. 

It should be 2 text files inside the PluginData folder (1.txt and 2.txt).

@FruitGoosethe Kerbals have their verdict! It works! They're not wasting their time and their snacks finding a good name anymore! They want to repay you! :)

Spoiler

actually, it kinda helps me find a good name for a craft on my movie :D
spoiler, i used Pathfinder, and it sucks, but that mod, ooh baby, it's so beneficial! :cool:
THANKS!!!

1 hour ago, Kerbal Productions said:

@FruitGoosethe Kerbals have their verdict! It works! They're not wasting their time and their snacks finding a good name anymore! They want to repay you! :)

Hide contents

actually, it kinda helps me find a good name for a craft on my movie :D
spoiler, i used Pathfinder, and it sucks, but that mod, ooh baby, it's so beneficial! :cool:
THANKS!!!

Excellent glad you sorted it. I just realised I made a mistake as files are called “first.txt” and “second.txt” so could have made it worse but you managed to sort so good job!

13 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

Excellent glad you sorted it. I just realised I made a mistake as files are called “first.txt” and “second.txt” so could have made it worse but you managed to sort so good job!

So the Kerbals have decided to give you a craft that is powered with fussion pellets and can be refueled with LH2! And there are rumors that it has nearly a hundred thousand m/s of dV! They really want to repay you! :cool:

On 4/16/2021 at 8:06 PM, FruitGoose said:

No, the card won’t work properly inside the inventory (station won’t ‘see’ it). The inventory system is a bit weird in that it doesn’t seem to let you access any saved variables (like credit limit in this case) or rather it doesn’t work the same as it does for a non-inventory part. It should be able to be moved about by an engineer should the need arise. Also, you don’t need to physically click the card so you could clip it inside a fuel tank or something if you don’t want it on view.

The sign needs to be externally attached as well yes. I will post the original design for the sign one day.... a 5m 1950s neon US “Gas Station” monstrosity. I quickly changed it for something more subtle...

Errr... Excuse me, what is this GRAPES? Didn't find it in OP...

GREAT idea for mods, BTW! I'm trying MANGO myself...

Edited by jlcarneiro

1 hour ago, jlcarneiro said:

Errr... Excuse me, what is this GRAPES? Didn't find it in OP...

GREAT idea for mods, BTW! I'm trying MANGO myself...

Thank you! GRAPES has it’s own thread as it didn’t fit in with the theme of these but I should have really to keep everything together.

NEW UPDATE - PLUM Updated To v1.1.0

• major overhaul
  • custom options added allowing player to create their own profiles to cover add-on planets, chutes and even to tweak current calculations if you think you can make them more accurate
  • redesigned menu to incorporate alternative data to original (to tie in with options)
  • redesigned close menu button to common "X" in top right alongside the options button.
  • added new icons
  • added option to select the current selected custom profile within the main menu screen alongside stock options
  • recoded system for calculating the bonus when using radial chutes in symmetry; this is now done programmatically and calculated accurately as opposed to the basic and inaccurate method used in the original
  • fixed issue of menu sometimes still showing if not closed when leaving editor

If updating manually, please ensure you replace any files with the same name. Also note the warnings about changing any files in the updated OP!

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, RedDestiny said:

is gone??

All the mods are gone from Github and Spacedock.  They are still listed in the CKAN index, but no telling how long they will still be there now that the sources are gone.

No reasons for the sudden disappearance  has surfaced  that I am aware of.

humm odd how that happens, I wonder of a certain user is many more ppl than just 1 and got [annoyed]?

Edited by Guest
Redacted by moderator

3 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

sources are gone

Don't worry, only sources of PRUNES got gone, others are recovered with their binaries. They are all licensed MIT, MIT license can't be revoked, so I'll hand them to potential maintainer once we realize what's going on and once admins will confirm it's OK forum rules-wise.

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Don't worry, only sources of PRUNES got gone, others are recovered with their binaries. They are all licensed MIT, MIT license can't be revoked, so I'll hand them to potential maintainer once we realize what's going on and once admins will confirm it's OK forum rules-wise.

If you have the binaries of PRUNES, and it is the MIT license, it can be decompiled.  Contact me for help if you want

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Oh, and I’d be willing to adopt them.

11 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

MIT license allows that. It's a fairly wide-open license that's irrevocable and allows doing just about anything with the material, as long as credit is given to the original author.

As long as the republished mod is meeting the terms of the license and following the add-on posting rules, therefore, this is permitted.

Dear Fruit Followers,

I'm posting this message as a means of explaining my recent actions as there has been some speculation, people worried etc and to explain the future of the mods.

Firstly, I can confirm my account has NOT been hacked; nor has the Kraken managed to get me; nor am I multiple accounts and got caught etc :D

Basically, following a discussion with a senior moderator, I decided that I didn't want to post here anymore as I simply disagree with some of the forum rules and policies. That's not to say they are wrong or you should be worried about something I 'found' (I didn't), it's just a personal thing that was causing frustration and therefore because I had the problem, it should be me that removes myself from the cause.

I submitted a request using the official form to remove my personal information but received no response and therefore became concerned about security. Although the information is very limited, the idea that someone could link through to my GitHub from this site caused concern so I hastily made the decision to remove all links (and the post content as was in a rush).  In hindsight, this was a ridiculous thing to do as it just meant you were potentially unable to use the mods in the future which was never my intention.

@linuxgurugamer has kindly agreed to adopt the mods and I have been liasing with him regarding providing source code etc. However, because he has a lot on himself and cannot release his versions for a few weeks, I have decided to repost the links and make the source public again until he's sorted so that you guys aren't missing out/transition runs smoothly. 

Regarding any licence queries, I can confirm they are MIT (any models are CC-BY-NC-SA) which as stated by @Snark basically means they are free to be adopted and modified as anyone sees fit. I don't even require credit TBH but perhaps the forum will insist? Basically, everything was created for KSP and for the players to use if they wanted so please feel free to do so!

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best and perhaps our paths will cross again in KSP2's multiplayer in the future :grin:

FruitGoose

10 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

Dear Fruit Followers,

I'm posting this message as a means of explaining my recent actions as there has been some speculation, people worried etc and to explain the future of the mods.

Firstly, I can confirm my account has NOT been hacked; nor has the Kraken managed to get me; nor am I multiple accounts and got caught etc :D

Basically, following a discussion with a senior moderator, I decided that I didn't want to post here anymore as I simply disagree with some of the forum rules and policies. That's not to say they are wrong or you should be worried about something I 'found' (I didn't), it's just a personal thing that was causing frustration and therefore because I had the problem, it should be me that removes myself from the cause.

I submitted a request using the official form to remove my personal information but received no response and therefore became concerned about security. Although the information is very limited, the idea that someone could link through to my GitHub from this site caused concern so I hastily made the decision to remove all links (and the post content as was in a rush).  In hindsight, this was a ridiculous thing to do as it just meant you were potentially unable to use the mods in the future which was never my intention.

@linuxgurugamer has kindly agreed to adopt the mods and I have been liasing with him regarding providing source code etc. However, because he has a lot on himself and cannot release his versions for a few weeks, I have decided to repost the links and make the source public again until he's sorted so that you guys aren't missing out/transition runs smoothly. 

Regarding any licence queries, I can confirm they are MIT (any models are CC-BY-NC-SA) which as stated by @Snark basically means they are free to be adopted and modified as anyone sees fit. I don't even require credit TBH but perhaps the forum will insist? Basically, everything was created for KSP and for the players to use if they wanted so please feel free to do so!

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best and perhaps our paths will cross again in KSP2's multiplayer in the future :grin:

FruitGoose

RIP my man, you will be missed and forever immortalized in my TOTM may art in my sig

Godspeed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.