Fruit Kocktail Temporarily Restored

On 6/6/2021 at 7:24 PM, FruitGoose said:

Dear Fruit Followers,

I'm posting this message as a means of explaining my recent actions as there has been some speculation, people worried etc and to explain the future of the mods.

Firstly, I can confirm my account has NOT been hacked; nor has the Kraken managed to get me; nor am I multiple accounts and got caught etc :D

Basically, following a discussion with a senior moderator, I decided that I didn't want to post here anymore as I simply disagree with some of the forum rules and policies. That's not to say they are wrong or you should be worried about something I 'found' (I didn't), it's just a personal thing that was causing frustration and therefore because I had the problem, it should be me that removes myself from the cause.

I submitted a request using the official form to remove my personal information but received no response and therefore became concerned about security. Although the information is very limited, the idea that someone could link through to my GitHub from this site caused concern so I hastily made the decision to remove all links (and the post content as was in a rush).  In hindsight, this was a ridiculous thing to do as it just meant you were potentially unable to use the mods in the future which was never my intention.

@linuxgurugamer has kindly agreed to adopt the mods and I have been liasing with him regarding providing source code etc. However, because he has a lot on himself and cannot release his versions for a few weeks, I have decided to repost the links and make the source public again until he's sorted so that you guys aren't missing out/transition runs smoothly. 

Regarding any licence queries, I can confirm they are MIT (any models are CC-BY-NC-SA) which as stated by @Snark basically means they are free to be adopted and modified as anyone sees fit. I don't even require credit TBH but perhaps the forum will insist? Basically, everything was created for KSP and for the players to use if they wanted so please feel free to do so!

May I take this opportunity to wish you all the best and perhaps our paths will cross again in KSP2's multiplayer in the future :grin:

FruitGoose

We'll miss you @FruitGoose, wish you best of luck for the future! 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.