Is auto-saving of multiple pages of a thread prohibited?

kerbiloid

If there is a thread which I want to clone offline, but it has a lot of pages, and it's boring to click through all of them manually,
is it prohibited to use, say, WHHT or another such tool in "save the files" mode (i.e. NOT "make an offline browsable copy") to download html files of them?

(Not pictures or other binaries)

Edited by kerbiloid

3 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Thank you.

I also mean, in sense of this would not be considered as a network abusing or so.

yeah... you're taling about site scraping?
there are legitimate uses for it... that sort of thing does tend to get a bad rap... but usually only raises red flags when its scraping *whole* websites, or hosted databases, and ends up severely affecting network speeds & connectivity for sites its scraping... just going one or two levels down, on specific threads in the forum shouldnt be an issue...
now, if you were trying to scrape the *whole* forum at once... lol... i bet someone would notice and mebbe take action...

as a matter of, IIRC, didnt something like that happen here, a few years ago, by accident? :P

I didn't ever try to rip this forum, if you mean this, and I definitely want to minimize the downloaded volume, so I don't need either one, or two levels down, or signature and avatar pcitures, or other binary stuff from here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.