Sweet TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK 1.8.1+

Hello.

KSP: 1.8.1 and 1.10.1
Problem: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK
I first encountered with this problem on 1.8.1 version and once KSP was just not responded. I went to google for help. Here I got a few possible solutions:

• Disable V-Sync or set FPS limit on Hz
  • Close all programs and also Discord and Skype;
  • Download and install ZeroMiniAVC because MiniAVC was broken.

Last variant helped me, but not for long.
After a day, I only got 1 freeze and after another KSP loading, I can keep playing at hours.
I decided upgrades to 1.10.1 version. I installed KSP, installed a clean(!) RSS, and then I had this problem again. I couldn't play further than scene with KSC. Every times I have a freeze game and "KSP.exe not responding".
Mods installed:
RSS+RO (and also more mods) on 1.8.1
RSS, Kopernicus, KSCSwitcher on 1.10.1
Reproduction steps: Just load your KSP.
KSP.log:

[WRN 16:09:33.496] Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
[WRN 16:09:33.496] To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations
[WRN 16:09:33.529] Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
[WRN 16:09:33.529] To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations
[WRN 16:09:33.564] Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
[WRN 16:09:33.572] To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

Player.log (from AppData/LocalLow):

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Allocator/ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp Line: 541)
Internal: JobTempAlloc has allocations that are more than 4 frames old - this is not allowed and likely a leak
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Allocator/ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp Line: 539)
To Debug, enable the define: TLA_DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in ThreadsafeLinearAllocator.cpp. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

Sorry for my english

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @mie mie, looks like we have the same problem here, TLAs ruining our space programs, and don't worry much about the mods, it happens to me even on fully stock KSP, unfortunaly, my bug report for this issue has not been answered despite it being now 6 months old, me having the issue started more than a year ago.

Me and some other people like @Lisias had broke down everything that could tell us what is wrong, we analized hundreds of logs, tested particles to it's limits, tweaked lots of settings and figured that, transparent particles are the problem, like, see when you hover over a part, that green outline is made of CPU intensive particles, on most computers it's fine, but in certain cases like mine, the unity engine loads it into the CPU and leaves the GPU on "standby", since my CPU is weak, it transfers it the the RAM, that information is in the unity forum talking about the issue, so, it would be good to know what are your system specs, this will confirm our theory and probably do some workaround, but until then, the only thing we can do is not on our hands, sicne unity has fixed this issue already, but KSP has not switched to the fixed version yet.

In conclusion, we can't do anything about it considering the non existant response to my report.

I personally stopped playing KSP due to this, it's really annoying and frustrating, you are not alone.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Make sure you have ZeroMiniAVC still installed.

Hey. It is. This helped some time.
I'm confused, but it keeps sending messages in log continues on.

[WRN 21:36:13.796] ZeroMiniAVC started ...
[WRN 21:36:13.816] ZeroMiniAVC destroyed...

1 hour ago, Commodore_32 said:

Hello @mie mie, looks like we have the same problem here, TLAs ruining our space programs, and don't worry much about the mods, it happens to me even on fully stock KSP, unfortunaly, my bug report for this issue has not been answered despite it being now 6 months old, me having the issue started more than a year ago.

Me and some other people like @Lisias had broke down everything that could tell us what is wrong, we analized hundreds of logs, tested particles to it's limits, tweaked lots of settings and figured that, transparent particles are the problem, like, see when you hover over a part, that green outline is made of CPU intensive particles, on most computers it's fine, but in certain cases like mine, the unity engine loads it into the CPU and leaves the GPU on "standby", since my CPU is weak, it transfers it the the RAM, that information is in the unity forum talking about the issue, so, it would be good to know what are your system specs, this will confirm our theory and probably do some workaround, but until then, the only thing we can do is not on our hands, sicne unity has fixed this issue already, but KSP has not switched to the fixed version yet.

In conclusion, we can't do anything about it considering the non existant response to my report.

I personally stopped playing KSP due to this, it's really annoying and frustrating, you are not alone.

Hi! Yeah, my specifications really bad (Core 2 Duo, GeForce 200-series, DDR2, and other scary words. I get it. Thanks for your answer. Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.