The worst duna mission in the history of duna rover missions

Wizard Kerbal

So. I launched my duna mission. A 3-kerbal re-entry pod. I just realized. Bill’s here too.  Uh-oh. 

I land anyway. The unflippable roverTM can’t get out of the service bay. I go to deploy the breaking ground surface science. There’s nothing there. 
At this point, Bob and Jeb just gave up, returning to the command module, not even planting a flag. The ascent module fails to get into orbit. Hopefully, using the leftover fuel in the descent stage they can make orbit. Except, the rover, now free, goes flying around the service bay messing up the CoM. Upon seperation, the rover has enough force to blow something up, giving itself a viking’s funeral.

Aaaaaand lastly, it’ll take 7 years to get home. Fun!

Edited by Wizard Kerbal

Maybe something just isn't jelling in my brain. Seems like all my tests with both end.up failing.

Always different reasons such as off-balanced loads or less delta-v available than needed, or unwieldy, elaborate rocket designs.... Maybe I will get it one day

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.