do i have to pay for ksp 2 if i already have ksp 1

19 minutes ago, bigbeardjr said:

so i have ksp 1 and i was just wondering if i had to buy ksp 2 because it says its multiplayer but i dont wanna have to spend 60 bucks just to play with my friends

Why you shouldn't? It's a completely new game for a completely new studio, you pay just like you pay for every other sequel.

KSP2 is going to be much more than "just ksp1 multiplayer".

It turns out that ksp 2 will not be ksp 1 + multiplayer, many things new things will be in the game, the ksp 1 review, the change in game mechanics, improved programming among others think that you are playing Cities skylines and then want to buy GTA5 they have similar things (city) but they are very different, but don't worry, I don't think ksp2 will be very expensive.

Edited by Lo.M

12 minutes ago, Lo.M said:

It turns out that ksp 2 will not be ksp 1 + multiplayer, many things new things will be in the game, the ksp 1 review, the change in game mechanics, improved programming among others think that you are playing Cities skylines and then want to buy GTA5 they have similar things (city) but they are very different, but don't worry, I don't think ksp2 will be very expensive.

wait so its gta 5 kerbal?

Edited by bigbeardjr

1 hour ago, bigbeardjr said:

so i have ksp 1 and i was just wondering if i had to buy ksp 2 because it says its multiplayer but i dont wanna have to spend 60 bucks just to play with my friends

Yes. You have to pay for KSP2 even is you have the original Kerbal Space Program. This was mentioned and asked a few times already. For more information I would recommend looking at the thread about KSP2 or the KSP Website.

1 hour ago, paul_c said:

Might they do a discount for KSP1 owners but it won't be much?

I don’t think they will. Unless they have like the first week sale.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Why you shouldn't? It's a completely new game for a completely new studio, you pay just like you pay for every other sequel.

KSP2 is going to be much more than "just ksp1 multiplayer".

Yes. I agree with you. KSP2 has way more things than KSP. It’s like KSP time 3 or 4.

Don’t worry, those 60 bucks will go to these features too:

Multiplayer

Interstellar Travel

Colonies

More parts

Bugger Ships

Better Graphics

Kerbal personality

Better Gameplay

More variants of explosions

And original parts (most ot them) making it to KSP2

Bigger Ships

15 minutes ago, Lo.M said:

:)

However good question.

Did you get the latest fallout/halo/fifa/CoD/super mario/whatever for free because you bought the last one?

KSP2 is a brand new game, made by a different developer, with a vastly greater scope than KSP- integrated multiplayer, interstellar travel, colony building and so on- and that stuff doesn’t just happen for free.

There’s still a year to go until KSP2 is likely to be released (or maybe more) so there’s still plenty of time to start saving up for it; in the meantime, if you’re a PC player there are some KSP multiplayer mods out there that might work for you.

2 hours ago, bigbeardjr said:

Yes. It is an entirely different game.

5 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Did you get the latest fallout/halo/fifa/CoD/super mario/whatever for free because you bought the last one?

KSP2 is a brand new game, made by a different developer, with a vastly greater scope than KSP- integrated multiplayer, interstellar travel, colony building and so on- and that stuff doesn’t just happen for free.

There’s still a year to go until KSP2 is likely to be released (or maybe more) so there’s still plenty of time to start saving up for it; in the meantime, if you’re a PC player there are some KSP multiplayer mods out there that might work for you.

:)

52 minutes ago, bigbeardjr said:

wait so its gta 5 kerbal?

No is a exemple

It's a whole different deal. Some reason you paid for GTA:V even if you owned San Andreas- it's a different game! They're not tacking multiplayer on to the old game, they're completely redoing everything from the ground up. New models, new physics, new graphics, new parts and mission, new planets. It's a sequel, not just an addon. If you want Multiplayer free of charge, may I direct you to one of the multiplayer mods?

I think it is completely reasonable to assume that the sequel, produced by a different developer, will not be given free to people who bought the original. In fact I think it is very unreasonable to except to get the sequel for free.

A question was asked and the question was answered. Then the discussion turned toward whether or not the question should have been asked, which is getting into personalities and subjective judgements. Those comments have been removed, and it's time to move on to other discussions.