Predictions on future updates!

I was wondering what to predict for the future 1.12 update! 1.11 was great and introduced not only new parts but new mechanics, and I think it would be cool to see more stuff like that.

Personally, I'd like to see a revamp to the science system, basically just add more variety, experiments, scenarios, and maybe more biomes too 

What do you guys want to see in 1.12?

Those things would be cool! Really, they should add a built-in multiplayer so that you don't need an extra mod. Also, they should start working on expanding life on Kerbin, like Kerbals wandering around the surface, towns and villages, et c.

28 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Those things would be cool! Really, they should add a built-in multiplayer so that you don't need an extra mod. Also, they should start working on expanding life on Kerbin, like Kerbals wandering around the surface, towns and villages, et c.

I couldn't find it but I want to say that Kerbin may have basic modeled cities... But it may have been a rumor, couldn't find the thread.

It would be nice to have a few tho, cities. I wonder if making any type of life, kerbals or otherwise, would take to much in resources... Meaning both CPU and Dev time.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Uhtred said:

Multiplayer would be cool, maybe give us a snapshot of what to expect in KSP 2. I'd need friends to play with though... and an agreement on a selection of mods that I know I'll change almost every time I log on

On 3/26/2021 at 6:23 PM, Superfluous J said:

I'll admit I've got high hopes, after the past couple updates.

I don't know what will be in 1.12 but I'm expecting it to be good.

We started playing this game around the same time I'm guessing, ie a long time ago.   The fact that grizzled old veterans like us can still be surprised and hopeful about a game that is 10 years old says something about the development team.     Kudos @SQUAD.

The next update should focus on making planet exploration worthwhile.

Landing on any celestial body in KSP 1 is basically the same (excluding Kerbol and Jool). You are greeted with monotonous rolling hills / peaks and some surface rocks. The ground has no definition (thinking along the lines of Parallax), and the ocean floor is just a bunch of random noise. You perform a few science experiments, plant your flag, and maybe make a base. That's it (for me at least). 

It would be amazing if each planet / moon had realistic, unique terrain (again, Parallax) and an abundance of interesting, optimized terrain scatters. 

11 hours ago, wpetula said:

Landing on any celestial body in KSP 1 is basically the same (excluding Kerbol and Jool). You are greeted with monotonous rolling hills / peaks and some surface rocks.

Yes, KSP is a rather realistic game. Same are the real celestial bodies.

and the ocean floor is just a bunch of random noise.

At least it has oceans at more than exactly one celestial body at all.

You perform a few science experiments, plant your flag, and maybe make a base. T

And that's almost all we can ever do irl.

A sci-fi KSP game is enough sci, but maybe already needs more fi.

21 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Yes, KSP is a rather realistic game. Same are the real celestial bodies.

I agree that the celestial bodies are realistic, but they aren't even close to matching the unique landscapes of real-life planets and moons. I appreciate what they were able to come up with, though :)

At least it has oceans at more than exactly one celestial body at all.

True. It just feels like once you've seen one ocean, you've seen them all. Guess that's just how oceans are, but....

And that's almost all we can ever do irl.

Also true, but there should be more depth to these activities in-game.

Nuclear gas core doesn’t fit into the game well, we already have raptor vacuum, wolfhound, it won’t work in atmo but it has same isp and thrust I believe, just 8x as heavy. I’ll give u rep since I feel sorry for u. Besides, we don’t want some op super nuclear engine with 3000 isp.

Edited by Single stage to ocean

Battery remodelling (put away the stripes and make the light a indicator of actual capacity) and some other stuff like some Restock consistence with colors and tanks,science stuff and of course

On 4/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, kerbiloid said:

Brand new bugs, as the old ones are dull and familiar.

10/10

16 hours ago, Single stage to ocean said:

Nuclear gas core doesn’t fit into the game well, we already have raptor vacuum, wolfhound, it won’t work in atmo but it has same isp and thrust I believe, just 8x as heavy. I’ll give u rep since I feel sorry for u. Besides, we don’t want some op super nuclear engine with 3000 isp.

A. I personally think it would be good to have an upgrade to the NERVA. It would need to be expensive and require lots of science, but it would be a good late-game upgrade. 
B. There is no RVac. And although Wolfhound is and efficient engine, it’s DLC so not everyone has it. 
C. The NERVA has over twice the ISP of the Wolfhound. It also weighs *checks wiki* .3 tons less than the Wolfhound. 
D. While 3000 ISP is certainly unrealistic for the balance KSP is at, it would be rewarding to have maybe 1500s. 

Spoiler

Also, I don’t know if you realize, but your phrasing comes off a little bit rude. 

@Spaceman.Spiff @Single stage to ocean Main point = 

11 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

1500s. 

yes its good. But I want a stock color overhaul and just some good looking engines I mean they look like excrements 
BUT MOSTLY THE THE COLOR OVERHAUL LIKE A COLOR PICKER FOR ALL KSP PARTS IN 2 MODES : SHINY AND NORMAL
but I guess 3 engines need serious revamps : Reliant, Swivel, Nerv. 

13 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:
On 4/8/2021 at 9:24 AM, Single stage to ocean said:

A. I personally think it would be good to have an upgrade to the NERVA. It would need to be expensive and require lots of science, but it would be a good late-game upgrade. 

Rockets are already op lol, I don't think it'd do balance any good if we got anything higher than an isp of 800.

Maybe a 1200 ISP engine but it won't ignite unless its is 100 meters from any Kerbals. Useful for giant colony ships. Price is a terrible twr and weak thrust. Won't be surprised if the hot new SSTA has this by exploiting girders to create the distance

Edited by Single stage to ocean
I love to nerf things. 1500 isp op rockets make me sick.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.