Shadows are blurry at the highest settings.

As straightforward as the title of this post, my shadows are at a low resolution whilst my settings are maxed out. It first seemed to happen when i changed my graphics card (from a GTX 1050 to an RTX 2060) so i think it might have to do something with that. I hope someone knows what's happening

Here's an image of the situation:

52Qu8KK.png

My settings (tried upping shadow cascades in the settings.cfg):

KfZfBnv.png

Technical info

KSP: 1.11.2
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
RAM: 16GB

Edited by RJVB09

Update: It seems to be working correctly in space with PQS unloaded, however the shadows starts to flicker and act blurry once a PQS surface is loaded. (I did de install scatterer and EVE this time but i doubt they have something to do with this)

As far as I know, the shadows are only really high detail at extremely close ranges (within a couple of metres of the camera point), any further away and they become blurrier and less detailed. Probably done for performance reasons, or just never updated because there's not much of a demand for it.

4 hours ago, RJVB09 said:

Update: It seems to be working correctly in space with PQS unloaded, however the shadows starts to flicker and act blurry once a PQS surface is loaded. (I did de install scatterer and EVE this time but i doubt they have something to do with this)

Actually Scatterer does fixes the flickering problem but there is also a workaround for this bug, you can find it here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195975-shadow-flickering-problem/

In the settings.cfg file find these settings and make sure they all = 1.

SHADOWS_FLIGHT_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_KSC_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_TRACKING_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_EDITORS_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_MAIN_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_DEFAULT_PROJECTION = 1

On 3/29/2021 at 9:53 PM, Serenity said:

Actually Scatterer does fixes the flickering problem but there is also a workaround for this bug, you can find it here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195975-shadow-flickering-problem/

In the settings.cfg file find these settings and make sure they all = 1.

SHADOWS_FLIGHT_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_KSC_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_TRACKING_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_EDITORS_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_MAIN_PROJECTION = 1
SHADOWS_DEFAULT_PROJECTION = 1

Yeah, i've tried that no change at all, also tried using shadow tuner which made it nicer for my eyes but still terrible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.