Gravity Ring

Zach1

I'm trying to make a Minmus refueling station and I know how to do that and already have a design in mind but I wanted to build gravity rings on it like I've seen in YouTube videos and then leave some Kerbals on board make it a space station and refueling station so i made the rings before anything else and my problem is they work perfectly in the VAB but once I launch it just wobbles back and forth I can only upload images not clips so I uploaded a clip to streamable also yes the torque limit is at 100% its already set when spawning on the launchpad

if anyone knows how to make this work please help

(For anyone who would reply that there are mods that just add gravity ring parts I do not want to use any mods that add parts I don't have a problem with mods you can see in the clip I have some installed but I I don't like using part mods)

I would suggest putting some struts on it to hold things in place while under gravity and then eject them once in space. You can place a pair of decouplers and stretch a strut between them, discarding the assembly when no longer needed. 

Yeah, my gravity rings that work the same way yours do just flop in gravity, so I attach struts to decouplers, then the rings work in 0-G. On my interplanetary transport ships, I just turn them off when doing a burn

By the way, you don't need KAL controllers, you can set the torque to 100, the RPM to 11, or as close as you can to 11, then use an action group to engage/disengage the rotor.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.