Make a space station with 1000 units of oxidizer and liquid fuel and get it into mun orbit

This is my first mission idea submission, I'm open for any criticisms regarding this mission idea

Because of comments, I decided to make a new paragraph and make the challenge clearer on what to do, sorry 'bout that. 1000 units of dry mass oxidizer and 1000 units of liquid fuel in the station itself, that wont be used making it just there, not being spent by anything, not even for refueling stations. The craft should also get into Munar orbit with 2 mobile labs, and about the Munar orbit, it should be in space low, in a non eccentric orbit. Other instructions are that there should be that 12 kerbals that need to be on board, and without the external command seat stuff, i find it kind of cheaty, a cupola module too should be there, and 2 large solar panels. And dont forget! the antenna and 1 or more docking port/s. Whole thing(Space Station+Docking port) less than 50 thousand bucks. Good luck! 

I've did this mission in career mode and it is possible

also dont use kraken drives or decouplers to get it there

Edited by PigeonThePilot
Clearer instructions

But what defines a space station? A space station could technically be a orange tank of fuel and a lab and a remote controlled probe core. The only limit is the fuel and the costs and the mobile pan?

Edited by STORMPILOTkerbalkind

On 4/4/2021 at 6:06 AM, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

But what defines a space station? A space station could technically be a orange tank of fuel and a lab and a remote controlled probe core. The only limit is the fuel and the costs and the mobile pan?

oh, sorry for not telling you about this, a space station, would have at least 1000 units of liquid fuel, and oxidizer, and it needs to not be used, it should have a cupola module, 2 mobile labs, and has 12 kerbals on board. and rocket+space station should be under 50k bucks. 

6 hours ago, joshudson said:

Is what you want a heavy lifter? I can provide.

A kind offer, though what I am making is a mission idea, out of shear absolute boredom :D

"oh, sorry for not telling you about this, a space station, would have at least 1000 units of liquid fuel, and oxidizer, and it needs to not be used, it should have a cupola module, 2 mobile labs, and has 12 kerbals on board. and rocket+space station should be under 50k bucks. "

Is that
1100 u of LF and 900 Ox,
1000 LF and 1000 Ox,
1000 LF and 1222.3 Ox,
or 450 LF and 550 Ox?

Also you should edit the OP with clarifications Putting them in a comment means people will need to read the full thread to understand what the challenge is. Something many won't do.

Edited by Pds314

Nerv is a mere 7k,  lab 6k, cupola 2k, solar 6k, fuel 80(not sure) funds(fuel is dirt cheap), hitchiker is 6k, enough money remaining for a munar hopper with a lander can and 132 units of lfox combined, just carry 66 units of ox and 1934 of lf, use remaing lf to fuel the lander, srb only launcher to get into lko. If i must have exactly 1000 unit lf, 1000 units ox, then fill it with both, and use drainvalves in orbit, maybe so its not a total waste use them as high thrust emergency engines, though with an isp of a mere 18 tweaked by a KAL-1000 your going nowhere much, maybe docking back to the lander, i bet you'll have 20 m/s

Edited by Single stage to ocean

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:38 AM, Single stage to ocean said:

Nerv is a mere 7k,  lab 6k, cupola 2k, solar 6k, fuel 80(not sure) funds(fuel is dirt cheap), hitchiker is 6k, enough money remaining for a munar hopper with a lander can and 132 units of lfox combined, just carry 66 units of ox and 1934 of lf, use remaing lf to fuel the lander, srb only launcher to get into lko. If i must have exactly 1000 unit lf, 1000 units ox, then fill it with both, and use drainvalves in orbit, maybe so its not a total waste use them as high thrust emergency engines, though with an isp of a mere 18 tweaked by a KAL-1000 your going nowhere much, maybe docking back to the lander, i bet you'll have 20 m/s

Ok yes a single nerv isn't that costly, but if we're going for cost optimization... Nerv is probably not the ideal solution for a low delta-V mission. Also KAL tweaking outside slider range is obviously unfair. Just use the drain valves as a resource intake if you're gonna do that. ISP of who cares and thrust of too much.

Edited by Pds314

Without tweaking you will get a mere 7m/s, so the drain valve is ditched as well as the nerv idea. Use a terrier.

Add a chute, stayputnik tot the terrrier to recover it and save a lot of money

you can make a profit by shuttling fuel back and forth, only use 80% of the fuel to get there and send 400 fuel to kerbin. Convert o torn 125 is a mere 1000 funds and 1.25 tons. Worth 160 funds of fuel. Do it 300+ times to make profit. Use a convert to torn 125 on a lander so the whole station won’t have to land and waste fuel. Go spend 900 m/s to get to mun, and another 500 m/s to an  low orbit, then another 500 m/s to return, aerobrake precisely so you will be slingshotted back to mun again. You will have 1.9 k of Dv and can refueel in the low orbit with an 3 ton convert o tron  lander that shuttles 0.3 ton of fuel a time, so  70 trips needed.

the station can carry 22 tons of payload, eg all the things he wants. Strip weight every way u can, eg drop tanks to leave to the mun for the first time, u can handle reduced dv the next time u return to kerbin b/c u can aerobrake to a mun intercept. Maybe no electrical system and rotation control, so only gimbaling and turning it around with a jetpacking Kerbal or  4 ants. Maybe even use suborbital catcher to catch it to save money on the launcher. Then if it ever runs out of fuel transfer fuel to the station with the earlier mentioned lander, which has 1600 m/s. Even no ladder, no mono prop,and no big ports, just 1 mini port. leave the majority of modules in mun orbit and redock after coming back from kerb orbit.

*ditch the eccentric orbit idea but go to low orbit.

* found a loophole, I can start from a orbit just below the mun to minimize dv  needed to get there. Will need more to get back but will save a lot.

Edited by Single stage to ocean

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.