I landed on Duna!

Pie Guy

Finally. Through blood, sweat, and tears, I built the largest, most advanced rocket in the history of the Kerbal Space Program. It took us to Duna. It took us back to Kerbin.

As I re-entered Kerbin's atmosphere, I realized I hadn't packed a parachute.

https://imgur.com/a/ezOwBMW

Note: Don't worry! Jebediah is still alive and well. I had him simply jump out of the command module and use his personal parachute to get down to the surface. He successfully touched down and was recovered by the KSC.
This is the first time I've ever landed on Duna and it's the happiest I've ever been with myself.

Edited by Pie Guy

6 hours ago, Pie Guy said:

I built the largest, most advanced rocket in the history of the Kerbal Space Program. It took us to Duna. It took us back to Kerbin.

Congratulations! Next challenge is getting to and from Eve....:)

Going to Duna and back, only to realise you have no chute for the landing on Kerbin and having to bail out, leaving all that precious science to get smashed to pieces in the pod? ‘Tis the Kerbal way! :rolleyes:

Congratulations on a successful mission. There’s plenty more to see and do on Duna (and more science to be had as well) so don’t just rush to the next planet or moon.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:08 AM, Pie Guy said:

Note: Don't worry! Jebediah is still alive and well. I had him simply jump out of the command module and use his personal parachute to get down to the surface.

what? personal parachute? last time i had insufficient parachute on my reentry pod, i didn't have the luxury of personal parachutes - i removed them for weight saving.

i had 3 kerbals jump out of the capsule inside the ocean, and they all lived.

meh. those kids and their personal parachutes. in my days we had no fancy parachutes. and we walked uphill to our rockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.