[KSP 1.8.1-1.11.X] Interstellar Technologies

AtomicKepler

[KSP 1.8.1-1.11.X] (V0.4.1) Interstellar Technologies

screenshot73.png?width=911&height=512

[Antimatter Catalyzed Fusion Engine Powered Interstellar Spacecraft  - Kepler]

An Interstellar Propulsion System mod, made by Kepler-

At long last, after months of hard work practicing modeling, and after finally unlocking the secrets to textures,  The mod is finally released. This parts pack will be used to expand from the mod Kerbal Space Program Interstellar Extended. Those parts are extremely imbalanced with going around the stock system. The engines are made off the base of the KSPI-E engines' statistics,

[DEPENDENCIES]

All of the required mods for Interstellar Technologies to function properly is now in the main mod folder.
Note that the KSPI-E folder is stripped of some of it's parts, due to complaints of complexity of KSPI-E.

[RECOMMENDATIONS]

Those are recommendations to download to play with the mod. They are NOT required.

- Far Future Technologies

- TUFX

- MEV Heavy Industries

- Galaxies Unbound - A Stellar Odyssey

- Interstellar Extended (The whole pack in order to get all the parts)

- Near Future Mods by Nertea

- Singularity (For Galaxies Unbound)

The parts pack will be updated quickly, releases will be *quick*. I will be available in the KSPI-E discord server and the Galaxies Unbound discord server, please @ Kepler (No spacing) to make suggestions for future changes.  Special thanks to @Cyne for helping me with learning to texture models.

[Some of the Parts include...]

- Daedalus Inertial Confinement Fusion Drive (v.0.1.0)

- Antimatter Catalyzed Fusion Drive (v.0.1.0)

- Kugelblitz Drive (Black hole drive) (v.0.1.0)

- Laser Core Antimatter Drive (v0.1.0)

- Multi Mode Interstellar Afterburning fusion drive (v0.1.1)

- Multi Mode SSTO Fusion Engine (v0.1.6)

- TRIGA Core Static/Pulsed Trimodal Nuclear Thermal Rocket (0.1.7)

- "Coaxial" SSTO Fusion Engine (0.1.7)

And so much more as the mod updates!

[SCREENSHOTS]

Spoiler

screenshot110.png?width=911&height=512

[Antimatter Catalyzed Fusion Engine Powered Interstellar Spacecraft - Kepler]

screenshot70.png?width=858&height=482

[Antimatter Catalyzed Magneto-Inertial fusion engine powered interstellar spacecraft - Kepler]

screenshot76.png?width=911&height=512

[Interstellar Afterburning Fusion Drive Powered Spacecraft, Kepler]

screenshot92.png?width=1040&height=585

[Muon Catalyzed fusion engine powered Interstellar Ramjet (center), Daedalus Fusion Drive powered Freighters (sides, from KSPI-E)]

screenshot97.png?width=911&height=512

[Torch SSTO powered by the "coaxial" fusion engine (firing now) and the open cycle fusion jet, Kepler]

screenshot108.png?width=911&height=512

[Torch SSTO powered by the "coaxial" fusion engine and thermal aerospike {firing now), Kepler]

screenshot104.png?width=911&height=512

[VTOL torch SSTO, "Coaxial" Fusion engine and open cycle fusion engines for tilt engine VTOL, Kepler]

screenshot373.png?width=1248&height=702

Beam Core Fusion Drive Powered Ship Heading to Kax A*

screenshot383.png?width=1248&height=702

[Beam Core Fusion + Muon Catalyzed Fusion Drive]

screenshot377.png?width=1248&height=702[Beam Core Fusion + Muon Catalyzed Fusion Drive]

screenshot364.png?width=1248&height=702

[Beam Core Fusion Drive]

[DOWNLOAD]

Primary (SpaceDock): https://spacedock.info/mod/2674/Interstellar Technologies - A KSPI-E Expansion

For Additional Bugfixes and all (Probably mostly for science mode and that) please contact me through Discord through the KSPI-E or the GU discord server.

The mod uses the CC BY-NC-SA License.

Edited by AtomicKepler
Keeping information up to date.

Since you recommend KSPIE+FTT, have you got Far Future Technologies working with KSPIE? Since FFT use systemheat, KSPIE use stock values with its system, I don't know if stock radiator still works for KSPIE after you install FTT/systemheat as it patches stock radiators with systemheat modules

Edited by ssd21345

On 4/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, ssd21345 said:

Since you recommend KSPIE+FTT, have you got Far Future Technologies working with KSPIE? Since FFT use systemheat, KSPIE use stock values with its system, I don't know if stock radiator still works for KSPIE after you install FTT/systemheat as it patches stock radiators with systemheat modules

Their radiators don't work together, systemHeat radiators are extremely OP in terms of lowering the temperature of KSPI-E loops, while KSPI-E radiators don't work for SystemHeattt,
In one of the newer releases I might add a patch that allows systemheat modules for KSPI-E radiators, and KSPI-E modules for systemHeat radiators.

Before I do that, I gotta figure out how systemHeat really work first, so I can do things with patches. I never really messed around with patches so this will b a first, expect bugs.
I might release it in the 0.1.7 version (current is 0.1.5, new release coming soon for multi mode SSTO engine) for compatibility of systemHeat with KSI-E radiators.

For now, I am still pretty busy working on new engines, as well as ideas for expanding this mod before school gets worse and I start to get less and less time to work on this, Please be patient.

On 4/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, ssd21345 said:

So after many attempts, I have given up.

It would be amazing for either freethinker or nertea to create a patch for this, but on my side, I am still not as experienced on patches as they are.
There will be no patch for FFT and KSPI-E Thermal management compatibility patch in the 0.1.7 release, instead there will be reactors and SSTO spacecraft parts in the 0.1.7 release. After this, I will then work hard for the 0.2 release for Interstellar Technologies, adding thermal management parts as well as electrical, resources, and communications parts.

One thing to note here that the particle scoop that I will be adding will have no animation, it will be a relatively small scoop, and will just have the active resource generator module (so it generates resources similar to how an RTG generates electricity indefinitely), since Spacedust only allows particle collection near planet atmospheres and solar storms,  while not the rest of the places, not the 5 hydrogen atoms/m^3.

A little spoiler would be I might make a sort of ion drive that works on the super tiny amounts of hydrogen atoms in space, similar to a solar sail, however it will be working sorta like an ion drive.

• 1 month later...

You will have to use reactors, Engines require electrical power to run, which in order to keep things realistic, I will have to keep this part.
However some of the other systems are slightly different, especially the ISRU, making the mod easier to play, and less complex.

On 4/1/2021 at 7:14 AM, EleSigma said:

Does the black hole drive have a chance of driving everyone on board the craft insane?

1997's Event Horizon? I had to make an account just to call that reference cause man that was a good movie. 

How is this not more popular! This looks insane!

My only problem is I'm not a fan of KSPIE. I would much rather use Nertea's system heat. Would it be possible to make an optional patch to work with FFT/NFT frameworks instead? All the framework is there for fusion powered stuff. I made a fusion powered starship to Nova Kirbani or whatever the closest system in GU is called

Edited by "Our Benefactors"

1 minute ago, "Our Benefactors" said:

How is this not more popular! This looks insane!

My only problem is I'm not a fan of KSP-IE, is it required? Or can I just use Nertea's suite of mods instead?

pls read through the OP

On 5/31/2021 at 12:01 AM, Absolutium said:

Is this compatible with the full version of KSPIE?

In other words, I want to maintain the complexity of original KSPIE, but the idea of interstellar antimatter engines is just to good.

As far as I know most of this stuff was made to used to KSPIE so yes

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Sirius K said:

Why does some of the engine has 100% explosion potential? How can I reduce that?

It isn't explosion potential and stuff that you need to decrease, some engines have that to counter limitations of modules. if you check the Z pinch engines of KSPIE, they also say explosion potential 100.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.