[KSP 1.8.1-1.11.X] Interstellar Technologies

AtomicKepler

On 9/21/2021 at 7:08 PM, jakyjuju1 said:

I've tried to make a craft using the coaxial SSTO engine, but for some reason I can't control the throttle when I'm using it. even though the craft has enough power and liquid hydrogen, because I can't change the throttle the engine never works?

Make sure you have the engine's throttle bound with "Main throttle" instead of "independent throttle"
This problem should not exist, not very sure why it's doing that for you.

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to use the Beam Core Fusion engine but I'm getting 0 t/w. I'm really confused how to use most of the engines in this mod. Anyone have a guide or something on how to use the engines and make them work?

I have a good supply of Lqd Deut and Solid Hydro, so I should have everything I need, right? (also to add, I have a sufficient power source providing plenty electric charge).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, AtomicKepler said:

Make sure you have the engine's throttle bound with "Main throttle" instead of "independent throttle"

I have the exact same problem with the coaxial ssto, but couldn't find any setting or menu in parts, with the option for to select main or independent throttle, also, this affect to every rocket on the ship if I have the coaxial ssto installed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Heyo! I'm having the exact same issue as Makrom, I would love to use the Coaxial SSTO Fusion Engine, but it outright shuts down every engine and stops them from allowing me to throttle them at all.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, AtomicKepler said:

This definitely does not work, Only for the Coaxial Engine specifically is this an issue. I've used plenty of other engines from this mod and only found problems with this one specifically. For some reason, it completely prevents any engine on the vessel from being thottled, yet everything else works just fine. I've been trying to test a new transfer stage that utilizes this engine, and my launch vehicle wont even function with it on my vessel, the launch vehicle worked flawlessly when I removed those engines.

• 1 month later...

Can you put a notice that you shouldn't use fft and kspie at the same time and remove recommendation for both mods. I got people  on discord asking why the engine won't cool almost every few weeks cuz they install both mods at the same time as recommended by interstellar technologies on ckan .

Edited by ssd21345

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 8:45 PM, ssd21345 said:

Can you put a notice that you shouldn't use fft and kspie at the same time and remove recommendation for both mods. I got people  on discord asking why the engine won't cool almost every few weeks cuz they install both mods at the same time as recommended by interstellar technologies on ckan .

For everyone that wants to use FFT and KSPIE at the same time, it is necessary to know that those two use different heat systems: The former uses their own "SystemHeat", while KSPIE relies on the stock KSP heat system which is way less reliable. It is necessary to know that those two are NOT compatible with each other. Use radiators from their own mods, and avoid using both mods in a single craft.

• 4 weeks later...

I've included the necessary dependencies for interstellar technologies in the downloaded zip as well. If you have any files that conflict in their names, please choose the "skip those files" option, considering that this mod is no longer exactly "up to date".

15 hours ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

So I downloaded this mod and I feel like I got someones mod folder. It even has tweakscale and kerbal engineer in there. I don't feel safe adding this on top of my existing mods. This has to be a mistake by the modder right?

Happy modding!

• 2 months later...

hi there, i found a proplem  which results in negative funds when recovering a vessel which uses  specific IT parts.

@Lisiasdid already some debuggung and ruled out Tweakscale. so here is the description on how to reproduce and lisias  outcome

------------

all logs data,ckan-file,craft  and images can be found here => https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am0PDmGqv17_iroEwGwOHWpKz7xcAw?e=6tgnlx

How to reproduce:

• open SPH
  • Load the Vessel "rbug"
  • Proceed to runway
  • recover

results in negative refunds

seems to happen only  when the part is scaled (scaled down on vessel "rbug")

Findings from @Lisias

i hope you can have a look into this.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.