Problem finishing missions

Hi, people!

Don't know if I am in the right place, but I have two missions that I can't finish.

First one is a rover to fix on Mun surface and move it.  attached electrics (batteries and solar panels), put a com antenna, fuel tanks, even an external seat have tried to attach, no matter its a MK's with space for two Kerbals. Move it to the marked point, move it around all over (did some quests) and returned to point and nothing of mission complete. Detail: the mission description didn't specifies what needs to be putted there, only a general "some parts are missing"

The second is to attach a booster (ácaro on portuguese) on a satellite around Kerbin.  Attached it in all forms, tried to turn it  around, put in many positions and locations on the ship (satellite) and nothing!

Have I miss something needed to complete these?

These contracts can be a little bit broken sometimes. If you open the contract list in flight (on the right hand side of the screen) what isn’t ticked off on the contract?

If you’ve completed everything that the contract asks you to do but it still won’t complete, you can just cheat complete it- open the debug menu (either alt+f12 or escape > show version information on the pause menu), click the ‘contracts’ tab then ‘active’, and click ‘complete’ on those contracts to make them complete and pay out their rewards. It’s OK to do this when you really have completed the contract but the game doesn’t accept it, but don’t do it just because you made a mistake or ran out of time.

There are no details what has to be fixed. It is up to you, the rover must just be able to move. But the IDs referring to each other in some kinds of contracts get messed up. So the game thinks it's not the correct rover.

If you don't want to alt-f12 it, you could also fix the IDs in the save file. I made the KML save editor to help with such things. Here is my "devlog" post that mentions details about some contracts, that are automatically checked and repaired by KML (includes links to similar threads and to the KML tool):

Thanks for the tips, Jimmy and Mythos! I don't like to cheat in games (if I'm playing it's not to turn around at the first trouble at road. where is the fun in "not a problem at sight"? Lol), but in this case. I will look at the save thing first (not so cheatty ... :cool:) and if not work I will go down with the Alt+F12 solution. Thanks again!

I have this issue with roughly 10% of all missions (especially with missions from contract packs but occasionally also with stock ones). Debug menu is basically the only solution that works well for this. Editing the save file is possible but it takes much longer and the chance to mess up your entire save is also much higher.

It's not cheating to use the debug menu since you did do the mission and are using the menu to fix a bug (it would be cheating if you did not actually complete the mission correctly in the first place, but then it's a single player game so you can do whatever you want really).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.