[1.12.x] Benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits | Custom Space Suits & Space Helmets - Apollo, ACES, Sokol & more! | [Orion suit!] | v1.1.0

benjee10

Do you think it's possible to make a bulky life support unit backpack as a wearable prop? Something à la the Apollo PLSS, with holes for the regular EVA backpacks thrusters? I can't imagine going on EVA's without this mod now, it's so great!
EDIT: should've read future plans, apologies

Edited by space_powder
i read the thing

Ok, I noticed a small bug, although this could be in the base game, suit models do not persist after reloading, when you return to an existing craft, or choose a kerbal who's suit you changed on a previous mission, they will appear in the default suit model instead of the chosen suit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z0fmweoot9jtis/KSP copy.log?dl=0

On 4/27/2021 at 1:32 AM, Jim Pickle said:

Is there a way to to equip a prop while in IVA, such as the "Advanced crew escape helmet"?  

I will ask Vali and see if it's doable. 

7 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Ok, I noticed a small bug, although this could be in the base game, suit models do not persist after reloading, when you return to an existing craft, or choose a kerbal who's suit you changed on a previous mission, they will appear in the default suit model instead of the chosen suit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z0fmweoot9jtis/KSP copy.log?dl=0

The suits use the stock switcher & I'm unable to replicate I'm afraid. It has been working fine for me and there doesn't seem to be anything in the log. 

7 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Why restrict head props to their 'correct' suits? 

Because the models only fit specifically with one of the stock suit models - for example, the EMU headpiece would appear to be floating or clip into the making history or breaking ground suits. 

13 hours ago, benjee10 said:

The suits use the stock switcher & I'm unable to replicate I'm afraid. It has been working fine for me and there doesn't seem to be anything in the log. 

best I can figure it was somehow being caused by having both these suits and @-ctn-'s suits installed at the same time.  I removed the phoenix suits and recovered the affected kerbals, and haven't seen it since.

4 hours ago, Fundati said:

I've attempted to use this mod with Texture Replacer. I'm not sure if they conflict but the suit models are always messed up. Is it known that there's a conflict between the two?

From page 1:

COMPATABILITY

Historical Kerbal Suits REQUIRES KSP version 1.10 or later, but wearable props will only function with 1.11+ as they require the revised inventory system. 

If also using Texture Replacer, you MUST turn off 'PERSONALISE SUITS' in the Texture Replacer settings in the Space Center menu, or personalised suits will not display correctly. 

Two of the included suits, the Apollo & Sokol suits, are also bundled with Bluedog Design Bureau and Tantares respectively. To avoid duplicated suits in the astronaut complex, you can remove the appropriate 'Suits' folder from any of the three mods. 

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

How do you get this backpack for the Apollo suit? 

XATaxrX.png

Fill both slots of a kerbal's inventory with anything other than the EVA pack or parachute. It's a stock thing.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

On 4/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, benjee10 said:

If this is possible, it'd be great if an IVA prop we could get would be the A7L "fish-bowl" pressure helmet the Apollo astronauts wore during launch

main-qimg-30ab9826df9259efc5c5578cc19634

17 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Fill both slots of a kerbal's inventory with anything other than the EVA pack or parachute. It's a stock thing.

I think you need the science backpack and something else that isn’t a parachute or an EVA pack . I tend to use the EMU helmet on my Apollo Suits to get that

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

How do I use the Sokol and Strizh suits? I can't access them.

The Sokol and Strizh suits use the Making History DLC vintage suit as their base, so if you don't have that DLC they won't appear. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

The Sokol and Strizh suits use the Making History DLC vintage suit as their base, so if you don't have that DLC they won't appear. 

I have the DLC, I can't access them in the suit change screen.

8 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I have the DLC, I can't access them in the suit change screen.

You'll have to explain more. By can't access do you mean the suits don't appear at all? A screenshot of your suit picker screen might be useful. 

4 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

You'll have to explain more. By can't access do you mean the suits don't appear at all? A screenshot of your suit picker screen might be useful. 

Sure. What I mean is that in the suit picker screen, I can't see Sokol or Strizh available for selection. I also have TextureReplacer installed, if that's relevant.

Edited by TaintedLion

1 minute ago, TaintedLion said:

Sure. What I mean is that in the suit picker screen, I can't see Sokol or Strizh available for selection. I also have TextureReplacer installed, if that's relevant.

Hmm - and the other suits from the mod (which use the default suit as a base) appear correctly? 
TextureReplacer shouldn't do anything to the suit picker screen, though you should make sure you have 'personalise suits' turned off in the settings or TextureReplacer will try to override the replacement textures resulting in messed up textures. 

Could I ask for a screenshot showing the problem, along with your KSP.log file, a screenshot of GameData folder & what KSP version you are running? 

3 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Hmm - and the other suits from the mod (which use the default suit as a base) appear correctly? 
TextureReplacer shouldn't do anything to the suit picker screen, though you should make sure you have 'personalise suits' turned off in the settings or TextureReplacer will try to override the replacement textures resulting in messed up textures. 

Could I ask for a screenshot showing the problem, along with your KSP.log file, a screenshot of GameData folder & what KSP version you are running? 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n9wf4l9luhlh2l/KSP.log?dl=0 - log

fMwOCSH.png

There's no option for me to choose the Sokol suits.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.