[1.12.x] Benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits | Custom Space Suits & Space Helmets - Apollo, ACES, Sokol & more! | [Orion suit!] | v1.1.0

benjee10

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

It looks like you have the Breaking Ground DLC but not Making History - Making History is needed as the Sokol suits use the vintage suit as a base model. 

I downloaded the Making History mod and installed it, but nothing is there. 

5 hours ago, benjee10 said:

That's what I mean. I installed it, but still nothing comes up. I have it in GameData too, I downloaded it from kerbalspaceprogram.com, but still nothing.

9 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

That's what I mean. I installed it, but still nothing comes up. I have it in GameData too, I downloaded it from kerbalspaceprogram.com, but still nothing.

Then I think you have a problem with the DLC installation, not this mod. It looks like the Making History suit isn't loading at all, so unless the vintage suit appears in the suit picker after removing this mod then the problem lies elsewhere. 

Oh I see the problem. In the readme of the Making History file I got off kerbalspaceprogram.com, it says that I have version 1.11.0, which is not the version for KSP 1.11.2, which is strange because that's the one I downloaded. The download on the website must be faulty.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 2:13 PM, benjee10 said:

group1.png

Historical Kerbal Suits adds a selection of custom-made space suits utilising the stock suit switching system. Each suit is a complete retexture, with custom normal maps and a very high level of detail. 

Historical Suits also adds a selection of wearable props using a custom plugin and integrated with the stock inventory system to allow you to further personalise your spacesuits, and replicate real-world designs. 

FEATURES

• Custom suit textures based on six real-world suit designs: Apollo A7L, A7LB, Sokol (Soyuz), Strizh (Buran), ACES (in orange & blue variants), and EMU (in four colour variants)
  • Wearable Props integrated into the stock inventory system - the ACES Space Helmet (with working sun visor) and EMU Helmet Light (with working lights)
  • IVA suit replacement via a custom plugin, so you actually get to see the suits in IVA! This can also be applied to your own custom suits - simply use the IVA{} block in the suit combos to define your IVA textures. The EMU suit uses the ACES orange suit as an IVA texture. 

FUTURE PLANS

• Mercury, Gemini, Vostok and xEMU suits & helmets
  • Additional  spacesuit-related wearable props
  • Texture Replacer suit versions for KSP version 1.10 and previous

COMPATABILITY

Historical Kerbal Suits REQUIRES KSP version 1.10 or later, but wearable props will only function with 1.11+ as they require the revised inventory system. 

If also using Texture Replacer, you MUST turn off 'PERSONALISE SUITS' in the Texture Replacer settings in the Space Center menu, or personalised suits will not display correctly. 

Two of the included suits, the Apollo & Sokol suits, are also bundled with Bluedog Design Bureau and Tantares respectively. To avoid duplicated suits in the astronaut complex, you can remove the appropriate 'Suits' folder from any of the three mods. 

IMAGES

apollo.png

aces.png

EMU.png

buran.png

IVA.png

DOWNLOAD (SPACEDOCK)

DOWNLOAD & SOURCE (GITHUB)

Recommended mods:

Texture Replacer

Historical Kerbal Heads

CREDITS

Art by @benjee10

Plugin by @ValiZockt

Woah! Nice work man! I really like it I love the detail and all the colors but i got one question how do you add those props to the EMU suits and the ACES suits It was not enabled for me.

• 1 month later...

Hey @benjee10
This mod is very good (and became one of the essential mods for my installation). It adds nice level of immersion and, well, just aesthetically pleasing!

I did a little research on ACES helmet, and realized that bailer bar works independently of faceplate and actually seals helmet, after it was closed. It is not of any urgency though, as kerbals can't open their helmets, just a thing to consider if you ever revisit this model.

Edited by nothingSpecial

9 hours ago, nothingSpecial said:

Hey @benjee10
This mod is very good (and became one of the essential mods for my installation). It adds nice level of immersion and, well, just aesthetically pleasing!

I did a little research on ACES helmet, and realized that bailer bar works independently of faceplate and actually seals helmet, after it was closed. It is not of any urgency though, as kerbals can't open their helmets, just a thing to consider if you ever revisit this model.

Yeah, I'm aware of that - just a stylistic choice on my part as it adds a bit more interest to the animation than just the sun visor moving. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2021 at 3:05 AM, davidy12 said:

What happened to my Apollo suits? They were working fine in 1.12 now they're busted.

LOG

On 10/20/2021 at 3:16 AM, MrStayPuft said:

You’re not the only one. Each suit is the wrong color or texture, I’ve noticed that 2 weeks ago

You need to have 'Personalize Suits' turned off in Texture Replacer window.

• 5 weeks later...

Another set of suits that could be done, the CMPs on Apollo wore slightly different suits due to the different nature of their missions. The CMPs on Apollos 7-14 wore an A7L with only three connectors since they never left the spacecraft.

w3PvymX.png

The CMPs on Apollos 15-17 wore an A7L with five connectors instead of the A7LB the landing crew wore, since they needed to do an EVA.

e5YwrO9.png

Also could we get the earlier A7L with commander stripes? Alan Shephard wore them on Apollo 14, and I think Jim Lovell was gonna wear them on 13.

10 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Another set of suits that could be done, the CMPs on Apollo wore slightly different suits due to the different nature of their missions. The CMPs on Apollos 7-14 wore an A7L with only three connectors since they never left the spacecraft.

w3PvymX.png

The CMPs on Apollos 15-17 wore an A7L with five connectors instead of the A7LB the landing crew wore, since they needed to do an EVA.

e5YwrO9.png

Also could we get the earlier A7L with commander stripes? Alan Shephard wore them on Apollo 14, and I think Jim Lovell was gonna wear them on 13.

These seem like they would be fairly easy to implement. Also like the blue neck ring. When I have a bit of time I'll try to whip these up. They will probably go in an optional extras folder since they're fairly esoteric, don't want to clog people's suit pickers with two many Apollo suits if they don't want them!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.