[1.12.x] Benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits | Custom Space Suits & Space Helmets - Apollo, ACES, Sokol & more! | [Orion suit!] | v1.1.0

benjee10

@adriangm44 The following text file from Kerbal Animation Suite might help: https://github.com/HappyFaceIndustries/KerbalAnimationSuite/blob/master/KerbalAnimationSuite/hierarchy.txt

It looks like it was generated using DebugStuff, but it was extracted on an old version of KSP - the Kerbal model may have changed and you need to extract your own copy.

22 hours ago, adriangm44 said:

@benjee10 I have a lil question about how to use ModuleWearableProp, as I want to use my own prop  for personal use in order to have an extended EVA backpack for Kerbalism.
This is what you have in your wiki:

attachTransform Name of the bone used to attach the prop

All i need to know is the proper code words for bones in this line. I want the prop to be attached to the back of the kerbal like the jetpack does, but I don't know the names of the bones as I don't have much notion of programming.
And certainly I have not been able to find the EVA model and look for the name myself...
This is what it have written on my .CFG

MODULE
	{
    		name = ModuleCargoPart    
    		stackableQuantity = 1
    		packedVolume = 5
			reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel = true
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWearableProp
		moduleId = EVAExtender
		propType = PROP
		// propType = HELMET - Replaces Helmet
		// propType = HELMETPROP - Sits ontop of the helmet
		// propType = PROP - Anything else
		disableHelmet = false
		attachTransform = helmet
		positionOffset = 0,0,-0.06
		rotationOffset = 0,0,0
	}

Will it be attached to the back if I delete the line?

I'm afraid the answer is going to have to be 'try it and see what happens...' - as far as I'm aware, the module should be able to attach a prop to any named transform on the kerbal rig. However, I've only tried it with the helmet transform, and that's what we focused on during development, so your mileage may vary. Afraid I don't know what transform it would default to if you removed the attachTransform line, or if the module would even work at all without it. 

With a backpack you might also run into issues with the stock backpack/accessories being visible (since you would be able to equip both). We have a disableHelmet line specifically to deal with this for helmet replacement but I don't think we have a provision for this for other parts of the mesh. 

Best of luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Stolas said:

ACES_B_F     suit  (1.11.2)

screenshot1022.png

If you are using TextureReplacer you will need to disable personalise kerbal suits in the TextureReplacer settings - that is the most common cause for artefacts like that

On 6/1/2022 at 4:42 PM, benjee10 said:

If you are using TextureReplacer you will need to disable personalise kerbal suits in the TextureReplacer settings - that is the most common cause for artefacts like that

I did it and it helped me

screenshot1059.pngscreenshot1055.png

On 6/10/2022 at 8:23 PM, Paxey said:

This is the Buran that no longer exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

I meant the modification for KSP that Buran adds

On 6/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, Ares27 said:

Maybe, I don't know of any other mod that adds such a detailed Buran.

if you are talking about the one that needs a mod for "realism", then I don't really like it (
or are you talking about something else?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Like switch the EMU when in space like when you on the mun with the apollo suits

Right now your options are as follows:

1. Visiting the Astronaut complex before and after the EVA (you can change spacesuits of kerbals that are on missions freely).

2. Preparing the configs for any suit combination you would like to have and assigning those combos to your kerbals.

First one is tedious but will cover you. Second one can work if you will have different kerbals for different tasks, for example, you can have an already provided suitcombo with an EMU (and ACES) for Bill to make EVA adjustments while in orbit, and your custom suitcombo with an A7L and ACES for Bob so he can go and do some Mun science.

It was also a requested the feature in the Ship Manifest forum thread but right now you kinda limited to just selecting the general type of the suit (you know, the classic, the martian-inspired one woth BG, the retrofuturistic one with MH and the spacex-inspired one)

Edited by nothingSpecial
I've made like half a dozen mistakes and then a couple more while fixing those LMAO

16 hours ago, nothingSpecial said:

1. Visitinh the Astronaut complex before and after the EVA (you can change spacesuits of kerbals that are on missions freely).

2. Preparing the configs for any suit combination you would like to have and assigning those combos to your kerbals.

First one is tedious but will cover you. Second one can work if you will have different kerbals for different tasks, for example, you can have an already provided suitcombo with an EMU (and ACES) for Bill to make EVA adjustments while in orbit, and your custom suitcombo with an A7L and ACES for Bob so he can go and do some Mun science.

It was also a requested the feature in the Ship Manifest forum thread but right now you kinda limited to just selecting the general type of the suit (you know, the classic, the martian-inspired one woth BG, the retrofuturistic one with MH and the spacex-inspired one)

Cheers I didn't knew you could switch suits in the Astronaut  Complex

17 hours ago, nothingSpecial said:

@obnox twin If you install the Sunkworks mod from https://github.com/Angel-125/SunkWorks/releases 

It has a module called WBISuitSwitcher that is designed to allow you to use the suit picker functionality from certain crewed parts.  It was made to allow kerbals to switch into one of the diving suits to explore Kerbin's oceans.

If you then make this patch...

@PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[*]:HAS[!MODULE[WBISuitSwitcher]]]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = WBISuitSwitcher
    }
}

You have the capability to switch suits in any crewed part wherever they may be.  Food for thought. 

7 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

It has a module called WBISuitSwitcher that is designed to allow you to use the suit picker functionality from certain crewed parts.  It was made to allow kerbals to switch into one of the diving suits to explore Kerbin's oceans.

If you then make this patch...

Whoa. A very neat feature.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.