[1.12.x] Benjee10's Historical Kerbal Suits | Custom Space Suits & Space Helmets - Apollo, ACES, Sokol & more! | [Orion suit!] | v1.1.0

benjee10

The ACES  helmet prop or the EMU lights just won't appear when i put them in my kerbals inventories. I'm using the correct suit type, and have the latest versions of both the game and the mod. They only appear as backpacks when on EVA. Is there a button to equip them or what am I missing?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 5:50 AM, benjee10 said:

Happy Artemis launch day (fingers crossed)!

To celebrate I've added a suit based on the Orion Crew Survival Suit (OCSS):

Screenshot_2022-08-29_at_12.02.55.pngScreenshot_2022-08-29_at_12.03.11.png

You can grab the release from SpaceDock or GitHub as usual. 

Godspeed SLS!

are we still getting gemini and mercury suits? also can we maybe get the apollo backpack?

11 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

are we still getting gemini and mercury suits?

This has been asked for ages, there's no answer yet.

11 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

also can we maybe get the apollo backpack?

You can replicate this by equipping the EVA science or repair kit in both of the backpack slots of a Kerbal.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, TaintedLion said:

This has been asked for ages, there's no answer yet.

You can replicate this by equipping the EVA science or repair kit in both of the backpack slots of a Kerbal.

I don't bring enough equipment to the moon with me to constantly have one.

• 2 weeks later...

I must be missing something, but none of the suits are showing up. I have turned off the suit replacement option in Texture Replacer. Are the new suits supposed to be visible in the astronaut complex, or do I need to look somewhere else? I found the new helmet piece and EMU in the VAB, but nothing else.

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

In the astronaut complex or VAB/SPH there should be a "clothes hanger" icon in each Kerbal's portrait. Click that.  

Ah, now I see. They're not added in as their own suits, they're tucked in to the right of the default suits and the vintage breaking ground suits by clicking the blue buttons down there. 

15 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

Did you ad the helmet pieces from the mod to your Kerbal's inventory? 

Silly me! I did not realize how the helmet stuff works. 

Now! The ACES helmet and the EMU helmet lights appear and work well if I have them in the Kerbal's inventory. 

Thank you for your help! 

• 3 months later...

Hi Kakub, this mod is designed for the stock suit switcher system. If you want to use Texture Replacer for different Kerbal heads (I do) then you'll want to uncheck the "personalized suits" option in the Texture Replacer menu in the KSC screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Apollo-astronaut-Jack-Schmidt-tries-on-t

@benjee10Could a version of the Brand Griffin Command/Control Pressure Suit helmet be made for BHKS or is there no time remaining for that? The suit itself was based on modifying the EMU with a "control center" helmet as seen in the picture.

Here is a source: https://spacearchitect.org/portfolio-item/command-control-pressure-suit/

Thanks in advance.

On second thought this might be way harder to implement than I thought. Im sorry for cluttering the thread.

Still gonna leave it for those curios.

Edited by AZZlyTheAZZome
Second thought

• 2 months later...

@benjee10  I thought it would be interesting to have the Shuttle EMU helmet lights. You know, the kind without the camera assembly. 

img%5D

This kind looks like it'll be simpler to model because those lights look similar to the ones in the current mod already, minus the camera assembly.

• 2 months later...

Great mod !

Is there a way to set a specific variant as the default IVA suit ? It looks like it's doable when I look at the config file for TextureReplacer (@Default.cfg) but I'm unable to make it work.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by TT213

• 1 month later...

hi!

i just wanted to ask how you made the patches apear on kerbal suits? 

i am trying to make my own space suit mod, and i see that the texture files for the emu/aces suits in your mod dont seem to have patches?

i am relativley new to modding in general, so i have no clue what to look for..

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.