Wavey's Dev Dimension

Finally started getting into part modding, so I figured I'd make a dev thread. My modpack project still exists, but is on hold until my motivation shifts back to it at some unpredictable point in the future. I have a few things planned and in various stages of progress as I learn to make parts and gradually get used to doing increasingly complicated things, so these plans will be realized starting with the simplest things.

Various Greebles

Current focus at the moment. Shall consist of various nonfunctional simple structural parts for detailing purposes, as well as several structural adapters for specific parts (e.g. QBE to 0.625 payload adapter). Very simple, it's the thing that got me started.

Other Stuff (not yet sorted into projects)

29nscGD.png

Had this idea for a pod from a rather uniquely-shaped fairing in my current career game. I'll be fleshing it out at some point and probably making a series of multiple command pods not based on real spacecraft, but that won't come until I've finished a lot of the simpler parts for the greeble project. I wanted to get the gist of the model done now though. The orb is the pod itself, is 1.5m in diameter, and will probably have several different crew capacities paralleling Vostok/Voskhod. The lower aeroshell that the pod sits in has a 1.25m base and a maximum diameter of 1.875m, and will house batteries and (with appropriate mods installed) life support supplies (though not food, as this must will be stored in the pod). The upper aeroshell will have an integrated launch escape tower, though I have yet to model this. The part that sits on top of the orb is an RCS pack, which will house its own supply of monopropellant and will probably also have antennas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.