Greatest cliffs in the kerbol system

king of nowhere

I just visited the highest mountain of Eve (25 S, 158.5 W); while most mountains in this game are really just lumps of random elevation that just happen to be a bit higher than other places, this one is actually impressive

0AGGUIk.png

the mountain is 7536 m high (by the way, the wiki says the highest point on eve is 7525), and its north cliff reaches down all the way to the sea. A 7500 m drop in a very short space. going down there with a rover would be quite the experience.

bf8vq0a.png

GpJ15u4.png

all that section of coast is impressive.

there is also the south pole of eve, it's much smaller, but poles tend to have crazy terrain - and glitches. anyway, this has a 1.5 km practically vertical drop

vNgBgTt.png

the south pole of vall also has a majestic mountain chain; long, thin, with very steep walls. i named it the mohawk range, because it looks like a mohawk crest on the planet.

6kLM89U.png

the top is 7500 m, the plains at the base of the mountain are some 5000 m lower. vall has several ravines, none of the others are so dramatic as this one, though.

Do you know of any bigger cliffs? not just a big mountain, but something that looks like a mountain, with steep sides and a lot of verticality. Post pictures and places here

Edited by king of nowhere

Well as you may know Bop has the highest mountain in the system but not sure if any cliffs. The Mun has a cool canyon near one of the big craters. Then of course there’s the “mohole”

16 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

Well as you may know Bop has the highest mountain in the system but not sure if any cliffs. The Mun has a cool canyon near one of the big craters. Then of course there’s the “mohole”

i have explored Bop a bit, but I'm not aware of any real cliff. just a lot of up and down on that planet, and too little gravity to run a rover practically.

The moon has two cool canyons, and both are pretty good racing circuits for rovers. Their sides are roughly 1 km high, maybe 2 in some points. As far as I know, those are the highest cliffs on the Mun, though not the steepest - there are some real killer ones in some of the craters near the poles.

I forgot the mohole, yeah, that's impressive. But not really a cliff.

Tylo has really high mountains, but despite driving half its circumference, i never found a spot that would strike me for its panorama.

Duna and Ike have high mountains, but i never spent much time on either.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.