April Fool's Day - Clouds

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

This would be funny if they were actually parts in KSP2. Like Easter eggs.

You say funny but... My mind went on a trip once again.

Puff is an engine we already have. Monoprop engine. If we assume that Puff will make its return to the sequel, let's take a look at others. I don't know about Wisp, but Miasma? By definition it's some kind of toxic fume, and monopropellants aren't exactly super safe for the environment. In my head, those are names of 3 upcoming monoprop engines.

6 hours ago, KSPStar said:

We get a lot of feature requests for KSP2, but the one we hear most frequently is "when will you add clouds?" At long last, we're proud to announce that we've heard you. We've not only brought clouds to Kerbal Space Program 2, our cloud team has created an entirely new cloud assembly system. Let's take a look!

Okay, at this point you're abusing sarcasm.

7 hours ago, KSPStar said:

We get a lot of feature requests for KSP2, but the one we hear most frequently is "when will you add clouds?" At long last, we're proud to announce that we've heard you. We've not only brought clouds to Kerbal Space Program 2, our cloud team has created an entirely new cloud assembly system. Let's take a look! 

The cloud building experience begins in the Cloud Assembly Building, where the player can choose from a variety of cloud shapes, sorted by core sizes ranging from 1.25 meters to 2,000 meters. While a procedural cloud system is in the works, for the time being we think you'll love choosing from over nine hundred cloud parts, including the CL-580 Cumulus Puff, the CL-581 Cumulus Wisp, and the incredibly versatile CL-582 Cumulus Miasma. 

image.png
                                                                                                                                                                                          A 94-part cloud

Once your cloud is on the launchpad, you'll thrill to the experience of watching it drift away, its flight dynamics entirely dependent on its mass distribution. If you want to fill the sky with realistic clouds, you can hand-make up to eight clouds and fly them at once! Note: When clouds are in flight, time warp is disabled.

1001318794_image(2).png
                                                                                                                                                   This rocket may want to wait a moment before launching

Cloud collision is still under development, but we are proud to say that over 75% of vehicle transits through clouds do not result in loss of vehicle - and that number's getting better every day! Additionally, when clouds collide with the ground, they explode. Anything else wouldn't be Kerbal! 

1600614772_image(1).png                                                                                                                                                                                                                          This cloud was too heavy

We can't wait to see all the amazing new clouds you create using this system! While clouds cannot currently be flown beyond Kerbin's atmosphere, we expect Matt Lowne to fly one to Laythe and back within a week of release. Happy cloud-ing! 

I just came back to a southern Utah trip. This was a good thing to find when I came back!

16 minutes ago, Deddly said:

This is the real reason KSP was delayed. 

AH Ha!!!

So, it Was professor K. plum in the VAB with a candlestick!

Crime solved

20 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Outside of the April's Fools joke, are those new views for the VAB and launch pad?

Ya. They are!

47 minutes ago, Lewie said:

So worth it!

true True!

18 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Early gift. You're welcome.

A gift is a gift. An early giift I willt ake! :)

On 4/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, KSPStar said:

1600614772_image(1).png                                                                                                                                                                                                                          This cloud was too heavy

haha!

On 4/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, KSPStar said:

we expect Matt Lowne to fly one to Laythe and back within a week of release. Happy cloud-ing! 

Didi you see this @Matt Lowne?

Oh, one more thing I haven't noticed immediately for some reason is the trees around the launchpad. Definitely same procedural system as we've seen shown off for grass/bushes earlier. So that definitely syncs well with my comment on distant terrain looking very boring at the moment. I'm now 95% sure that the plan is to hook up the procedural generation into LoD system to make the forests blend between texture, billboards, and mesh trees at different distances giving it all a look of one whole.

Can't wait for that terrain show-and-tell!

ok.  now i think this is likely to be an easter egg in ksp 2 how i dont know but im sure it will exist.  maybe as a part you somehow you unlock in the vab such as astroids and comets in ksp1. or maybe like the crached ufo but a cloud? anyways i will be looking for a cloud when ksp 2 comes out

6 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

I gladly accept my new responsibility as a meme

New? That was a done deal with the first "Again!" I only wish other people would understand when I quote it instead of giving me odd looks. v_v

18 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Love the channel! Can we expect a new KSP 2 video soon?

I am actually writing the script for one right now.

Not a "news" video since there hasn't been anything major, more something along the lines what I believe are some of the biggest challenges around a certain topic for KSP2. Fingers crossed I might be able to release it this Friday.

weird cloud, but, IS THAT THE VAB?

now, i wanna see the exterior of the VAB!

and if the cloud is for april fool, its fine because... what? a cool graphic game has a cloud like a childs drawing.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:58 AM, ShadowZone said:

I am actually writing the script for one right now.

Not a "news" video since there hasn't been anything major, more something along the lines what I believe are some of the biggest challenges around a certain topic for KSP2. Fingers crossed I might be able to release it this Friday.

My prayers have been answered