Show and Tell - Clouds

StarSlay3r

1 hour ago, Nate Simpson said:

We're still getting our materials/reflection probes dialed in. Let's just say the rocket just came out of the car wash, and Jeb sprung for the full wax treatment?

So Jeb decided to get the entire rocket detailed before launch?

Love the clouds, can’t wait.

6 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

We're still getting our materials/reflection probes dialed in. Let's just say the rocket just came out of the car wash, and Jeb sprung for the full wax treatment?

You know, that's something I'd been meaning to ask. With the ability to control colors on your spacecraft, will there be an option for something approaching a sheer polished stainless/chrome finish for our rocket parts? I'm sure everyone on this forum is pretty in love with SpaceX's Starship so that would be a hit for sure.

And what about importing graphics to directly spray onto the side of our rocket? KSP 1 kind of has this with the flag system but a full blown decal system would be too cool. I know it's unrelated to clouds, but that just reminded me.

gjn1OGxl.jpg

HKXArnq.jpg

Edited by Wubslin

6 hours ago, KSPStar said:

Oh, before we forget – we’ve been working on some proper clouds as well. Wait till you see how they look on Jool!

Special thanks to the cloud team:
Graphic Engineer - Zeng Rui
3D Environment Artist - Li Bo
Technical Artist - Wang Jiangtao
Art Director - Chan Cheekin
Technical Director - Shi Qiang
Technical Art Director - Akram Parvez
Producer - Huang Zhilin
Intercept Art Lead - Steve Suhy

Fantastic! :happy:

6 minutes ago, Wubslin said:

KSP 1 kind of has this with the flag system but a full blown decal system would be too cool.

Conformal Decals mod is waaay better than the stock decals - hopefully KSP 2 embraces proper decals rather than these sort of flags that hover disconcertingly above where they are supposed to be painted on.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Fantastic! :happy:

Conformal Decals mod is waaay better than the stock decals - hopefully KSP 2 embraces proper decals rather than these sort of flags that hover disconcertingly above where they are supposed to be painted on.

Come on, not even  using the translate tool with snap mode disabled to make your decal hug the skin of your rocket? Amateur hour. Also,

3 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Very nice. :cool:

OMG I'm kind of star struck, it's Pood:valwow:

I can't even play KSP without one of your skyboxes installed! Huge fan.

Edited by Wubslin

16 minutes ago, Wubslin said:

Come on, not even  using the translate tool with snap mode to make your decal hug the skin of your rocket? Amateur hour. Also,

It doesn't matter if you've got OCD or not, the current system is clunky and only works with the less normal parts if you've got the patience of a rock. Conformal Decals bypasses all that bull and cow.

38 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

It doesn't matter if you've got OCD or not, the current system is clunky and only works with the less normal parts if you've got the patience of a rock. Conformal Decals bypasses all that bull and cow.

That's what I'M sayin', man!

10 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Will there be “collisions” with the clouds?

Will craft passing through them create wake and vortices?

That right there is basically equivalent of yelling for "Freebird" at a concert. :D

19 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Will there be “collisions” with the clouds?

Will craft passing through them create wake and vortices?

I can't expect planetwide fluid simulation, but maybe if it's not too performance demanding on modern systems, the area around the craft could be scanned for any significant amount of gases e.g. clouds, and then converted from the procedurally generated volumetrics into a fluid that gets denser around area where the volumetrics are more opaque. We do have simulated gas clouds when spacecraft launch, don't we?

HOLY MOLY. (I’m pretty sure SOMBODY will make a ksp 2 version of EVE wfor people who wanna use custom atmosphere textures but these look good enough, of course by custom really only for modded planet system which will happen) these ksp 2 people are really teasing me, JUST I CANT WAIT Plz KSP 2 creators plz release as soon as it is possible (which means the second you complete development) EDIT 1: Also are those land textures in the background going to look like ksp 1 when it released or are they going to look a little better? (I’m not saying there terrible I’m just saying it looks like land textures kinda grainy or maybye that what it look like trough recording?)

Edited by Rocketry101
Asked if land textures are actually grainy or good

35 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Ground looks like a WIP?

Yeah, looks very placeholder. Some earlier screenshots have shown procedural vegetation. Intercept might not have LoD baking hooked up yet, and not wasting time on making better terrain textures by hand.

57 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Clouds and ship look awesome! Ground looks like a WIP?

I see a boat ramp and harbor built into the terrain to the right of the runways... And a tasty looking canyon to fly in the distance. Om nom nom

You noticed the docks! I think Manley asked for that one personally.

You are correct about the temp terrain - there is some deep new work going into that system right now that's going to knock your socks off. But yeah, if we waited for everything to be done before showing something off, we'd never show anything off!

That said, I am really looking forward to the next terrain show-and-tell. So much beautiful stuff coming from both the graphics and art teams. We're finally getting to the part where things get pretty!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.