Parts falling off of vehicles after reentering physics range in 1.11.2?

Hey everyone,

So I usually just lurk here on the forums but today I encountered a pretty game breaking bug and just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this. I was doing a pretty normal mission to Dres right, pretty boring, but I decided to go do some biome hopping and flew around 4000 meters away from my craft with my scientist and collected some science from another biome. When I came back to my ship however all of my science parts, batteries, RCS ports, and my ladder were laying perfectly below my craft in the same orientation they were placed on my craft. I reloaded a quicksave and came back to the craft and the same thing happened again. Additionally when I rewelded all the parts my craft had gained a ridiculous amount of mass and had lost over 1000 m\s of Delta V, which blows because I was going to do some biome hopping but got screwed out of it by this bug.

Here's some pictures of the bug: https://imgur.com/a/PvW5DGB

I also have mods installed but they are all visual and I don't think they have any impact on this.

Mod List: Astronomers Visual Pack, Distant Object Enhancement, EVE, Final Frontier, Scatterer, and Transfer Window Planner

This is a brand new, fresh install of the game, and the save was created in version 1.11.2.

Here's the craft file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ec1y2kfu6rfu1nw/Void_Space_1.craft/file

Has anyone else encountered this? Pretty annoying to say the least and it seems to me that only weldable parts fell of my craft so I think it's probably a bug with the new update.

Edited by Brockcast

That’s a weird one! The only thing I can think of is it may be linked to part clipping as few parts clipped there, combined with parking on a slope it’s just unable to re-construct the vehicle properly when you return. I would report it as a bug.

3 hours ago, FruitGoose said:

The only thing I can think of is it may be linked to part clipping as few parts clipped there

Yeah! That's what I thought as well but I noticed all of my science experiments fell off too, none of which were clipped or attached to a clipped part so it might be something else. I'm gonna go ahead and report it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.