The challenge: Make an aircraft carrier out of stock parts (Visual mods and Airplane Plus allowed).

Difficulty Levels:

Easy: Aircraft Carrier with one plane that can take off and land.

Medium: Aircraft Carrier with multiple planes that can take off and land.

Hard: FLYING Aircraft Carrier with one or more plane(s) that can takeoff and land on the FLYING carrier.

Rules:

I need screen shots for proof.

No other mods than the ones listed above (unless upon request).

Here is the Badge:

The-Carrier-Challenge.png

Here is the Badge if you manage to make a working flying carrier (made by @ColdJ).

37dpjfh.png

Here are some photos of my carrier:

20210326090506-1.jpg

20210326091257-1.jpg

It can takeoff and land a single micro fighter. And then rearm it for more flight (it uses parachutes for landing).

Vessel mover is ok for floating carriers only! The flying carrier must take off on its own.

Go be creative and have fun!

Edited by Stormpilot
Added new badge

My old (2018) carrier with catapult and arrestor hook (.craft link in video) and place 4 two planes... multiple flying aircraftcarrier challenge.... hm... intersting..maybe later 

Edited by *MajorTom*

@Bej KermanBecause the aircraft carrier is flying (a large plane has tiny planes which take off and land while the carrier plane is flying). Trust me I’ve tried docking/ grabbing a large plane and it’s pretty hard.

@*MajorTom* pretty cool design. I really like the two thermostats and the antenna as landing guidance (if that’s what you intended them to be for).

Edited by STORMPILOTkerbalkind

43 minutes ago, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

@Bej KermanBecause the aircraft carrier is flying (a large plane has tiny planes which take off and land while the carrier plane is flying). Trust me I’ve tried docking/ grabbing a large plane and it’s pretty hard.

Well ain't that the point of challenges?

19 hours ago, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

<snip>

Vessel Mover is ok for floating carriers

<snip>

Floating carriers. 

Still im a bit confused, could you elaborate?

Edited by STORMPILOTkerbalkind

Hello! i have some question: 1. can i cheat to get the carrier to the water? 2. should the carrier have engine and can move or not? 3. what plane is allowed? VTOL or normal aircraft? 4. can struts be used as a cable that will hold the craft when landing in a carrier?

Edited by JB182

On 4/2/2021 at 11:41 PM, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

No other mods than the ones listed above (unless upon request).

How do we feel about using kerbal konstructs for a water spawn because i'm not likeing the idea of wheeling over multi thousand ton carriers into the ocean

Furthermore when it comes to landing fixed wing aircraft on a carrier, angled flight deck or otherwise, i find mouse aim far more precise than caps plus wasd

@chadgaskerman you need to actually wheel the thing over. Honesty just add some big rove max wheels which you can just ditch once in the water.

Also I agree with mouse Aimed flight. I played X-Plane11 a lot before I got a yoke for controlling planes. It’s a pretty clever system. Way better  than WASD. Considering getting it (can you shut it off though? Would be nice to turn it off while in space. I would probably only use it while fly planes).

31 minutes ago, chadgaskerman said:

dRJln99.pngkCJU67i.pngvznKyjK.pngAfx6gyW.png4biXEkE.png

This is why I use Kerbal Constructs, Ships aren't designed to launched from a runway 3kms away from shore

The trick is to hack gravity and Alt-F12 it to the shore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.