21 minutes ago, Stormpilot said:

where are the planes on you carrier?

oh, i launch it without planes because i want to check if the carrier is landable for small aircrafts

oh yeah, the pic when its on the open sea

Screenshot-from-2021-04-07-20-30-12.png

Edited by JB182

2 hours ago, Stormpilot said:

Quick question: did you actually fly it there or did you cheat it there? Thanks!

I flew there, here's a couple of screenshots:

Cy8A4Ph.png

Launch on top of a simple Saturn V-like rocket

1xBOZeV.png

Upper stage in LKO ready for trans-Eve burn

nvanusl.png

Eve entry. I discarded the top heat shield as it made entry unstable

GiaVLyQ.png

Under parachutes, just before landing and commencement of flight operations

Edited by QF9E

Thrust to weight ratio or TWR is the amount of thrust relative to the mass of your craft. If TWR is above 1 you have enough thrust to accelerate vertically. 

Does your plane fly ok when you take off with it from the KSC runway, without the carrier?

Right i'm finished with my carrier

mwrhYsC.pngouOhjzf.pnglU5P8iJ.png

126 metres long with an aircraft elevator capable of lifting over 25 tons of aircraft, helicopters and SSTOs that can all launch, land and refuel on an angled flight deck carrier that can travel at 13.5m/s indefinitely.

Beauty Shots

Spoiler

VkKsRxJ.pngPAUIW9o.pngkI0fXZM.pngUGaZy39.pngxgypIiG.pngRjmbLVS.pngAUzMVdL.pngBaSDpr3.pngOi8EqWC.pngcqvVgKL.pngTgpPIWc.pngcwzE4am.pngEPoWQPu.pngeCg1KWp.pngKakK6Lo.pngWkyWnwx.png9DT2RCs.png

Landing

Spoiler

VmjTylJ.pngNL080Gw.png8A1FHYs.png1bdjona.pngv4ZhiN4.pnge35ollp.pngNiGQjzO.pngQchIUGv.pngB5o4VLf.png

On 4/6/2021 at 5:20 AM, chadgaskerman said:

@Pds314check the rules, for some reason it's not allowed

Rules:

I need screen shots for proof.

No other mods than the ones listed above (unless upon request).

Am I missing something here?

• 3 weeks later...

The Elevator works brilliantly.  For 600 parts this thing is actually pretty low lag. My machine doesn't run it quite realtime but I'm sure some people's machines could. There are some systems missing such as engines, but it's got a pretty good size deck. The inside is a little cramped so I might need to give it a little truck that can drag the planes around or something.

9lDfGWW.png

Edited by Pds314

On 4/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, chadgaskerman said:

Right i'm finished with my carrier

On 5/9/2021 at 6:47 PM, Pds314 said:

The Elevator works brilliantly.  For 600 parts this thing is actually pretty low lag. My machine doesn't run it quite realtime but I'm sure some people's machines could. There are some systems missing such as engines, but it's got a pretty good size deck. The inside is a little cramped so I might need to give it a little truck that can drag the planes around or something.

On 5/6/2021 at 4:22 PM, Max von Kerman said:

I made a tiny one capable of carrying a standard MK1 plane. (Vanilla KSP)

On 5/4/2021 at 8:15 AM, Magnum said:

Flying aircraft carrier mk1

Take off OK, landing I don't know, I hardly landed on the KSP runway but in theory 

I see stuff like this and wonder If I should even try. I mean how could I build better that these works of art?

5 hours ago, ColdJ said:

I see stuff like this and wonder If I should even try. I mean how could I build better that these works of art?

Lol. When I built my aircraft carrier (first post on this thread) I though it was pretty good. Now I see all of these and now my aircraft carrier looks so unimpressive.

10 hours ago, Magnum said:

What is the condition to obtain the badge? I want one

Build an aircraft carrier capable of taking off and landing an airplane/ VTOL. I need screenshots and/or videos for proof.

So, not a beauty contestant but. here we go.

From over 2000 parts down to under 300. over 1300 tons. Would have landed an intact 200 ton aircraft if it didn't have a bridge. and the planes wingtips weren't so wide.

HC3gPq9.png4OA9HfC.png

Then tried the stock Seahawk. Which apparently turns into a brick if you take off any throttle.

8sDpLmP.png

Then my modified version of the Seahawk. fully intact.

BdmGTL4.png

Really love the screen freezing for 30 seconds as it loads the craft at 2.3km and then for 5 seconds when I am 200 m out. :P

Also turns out big wide models don't like rigid being set. Watched 1 I spawned in water, blow up for 5 mins of real time.

Anyhow. Does this count?

On 5/11/2021 at 11:56 PM, Stormpilot said:

Build an aircraft carrier capable of taking off and landing an airplane/ VTOL. I need screenshots and/or videos for proof.

Edited by ColdJ

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

love the screen freezing for 30 seconds as it loads the craft at 2.3km and then for 5 seconds when I am 200 m out.

Physics range extender

2 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Also turns out big wide models don't like rigid being set

Rigid attatchment breaks load bearing structures like carriers

5 hours ago, chadgaskerman said:

Physics range extender

I use Physics Range Extender in my heavily modded install for BD armory dogfights. Half the the time it suddenly puts my perspective on Kola Island and I get to watch my flag fall through the ground. So I tend to avoid it. Just give a Squad patch or setting to set the load in at 5km and I will be happy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.