[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

1 hour ago, Kaleta said:

That's odd.... CKAN says I have 2.20 downloaded. But I'll reinstall it manually (using the github file) just in case. I'll do it manually because If I did it with CKAN it would unnecessarily reinstall everything else (because most mods require partswitch)

I'll get back to this post and edit it if something is fixed or didn't work

I suspect what happened is that you had the latest version of b9ps installed with ckan, then copied the GameData folder from reDirect into your KSP directory and let it overwrite things. Redirect comes bundled with (out of date) versions of all of its dependencies.  CKAN won’t realize that you overwrote b9ps with an earlier version.  Letting ckan reinstall the mod shouldn’t take very long at all because it doesn’t have to redownload things.

18 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

I think the best and most headache-free solution to your issue would be to manually install your mods rather than use CKAN. It causes issues like this all the time and I personally don't think it's worth using. It doesn't even save much time, manually installing mods is literally dragging and dropping files into a single folder.

No, that’s exactly what caused this problem.

Edited by JonnyOThan

I agree with @JonnyOThan, Not using CKAN was the reason I had to spend about 7 months trying to fix problems caused by manual installs and overwriting different files, and also not realising some conflicts or dependencies between mods. Sure, some mods I install aren't on CKAN but still, CKAN is quite useful to find dependencies and conflicts. Sure, some conflicts won't be detected by CKAN, but that's what the logs are for.

• 1 month later...

Really cool mod, love the wind turbines!

Silly question, but are the screens inside the IVA supposed to be  functional with RPM / MoarDV? I can see that some of them change image every few seconds, and there is text by the buttons such as NAV and HOM but I cannot get them to function when I click them.

If they are not meant to be functional, is it a patch that is needed or actually editing the IVA in unity? Been trying to learn some basic KSP modding so I can stich my load order together a bit better lol

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Saturn1234 said:

I know that this mod needs Breaking Ground, but I do not have it. How large problem is that for using Planetside Exploration? Will it still work at least somehow?

You should be fine, but some parts may not work (I don't recall which offhand).  You can even trick CKAN into thinking you have BG by making a Serenity folder inside SquadExpansion (though other mods might also be adversely affected if you run the game with the folder still there).

Edited by JonnyOThan

I'd like to request something I think would really help this mod out: some sort of drill that allows you to extract water. For players that use life support mods, it'd be amazing to be able to close the life support gap. I use TAC, which includes water splitters to make oxygen and hydrogen from water. With water drills, setting up a water mining base on the Münar poles would be a splendid idea, Layte could become entirely self sustaining from the wind turbines powering the water pumps. 

Edited by Javascap

Hi guys, I'm very new to github, I'm using USI LS, I saw a compatibility patch with this mod in some posts, I didn't quite understand how I can apply the patch, I just put the CFG files in the mod's paches folder?, do I have to put them in a folder inside the patches folder?, do I have to use the CFG files with the Grimmas patch? Is there any CFG master file to apply the compatibility patch, and if so how can I download it?

20 hours ago, CavaloRebaixado said:

Hi guys, I'm very new to github, I'm using USI LS, I saw a compatibility patch with this mod in some posts, I didn't quite understand how I can apply the patch, I just put the CFG files in the mod's paches folder?, do I have to put them in a folder inside the patches folder?, do I have to use the CFG files with the Grimmas patch? Is there any CFG master file to apply the compatibility patch, and if so how can I download it?

cfg can be located anywhere in GameData. They do not have to be in an extra folder or in the respective mod folder. For a better overview, it is recommended to create an extra folder, e.g. Configs. This way you have all the additional configs in one folder and nothing gets lost if, for example, you delete a mod folder because of mod updates.

23 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Are you sure? That's the first time I've heard that.

They're taken in alphabetical order, including the folder/subfolders they are in. So, within a given phase (FIRST, BEFORE, FOR, AFTER, FINAL), things will go from 0-1,a-z.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it'd be nice if the IVAs for the 1.875m habs had a bit more... stuff in them. Like, the 3.75m habs have beds and tables and screens and thing that make it seem more livable. The 1.875m habs usually just have a table or two. What do you think?

8 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

I think it'd be nice if the IVAs for the 1.875m habs had a bit more... stuff in them. Like, the 3.75m habs have beds and tables and screens and thing that make it seem more livable. The 1.875m habs usually just have a table or two. What do you think?

I consider this mod to be complete at this point, but the props/clutter in the IVAs are defined in config files so if you wanted to you could completely rearrange them as you wanted. The interior meshes are pretty much just empty shells with everything else being done with props aside from seat positions. 

Hello. I getting a lot of

[WRN 00:31:02.676] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Benjee10.MMSEV.grapple/model/Benjee10_MMSEV/Parts/MMSEV_grapple(Clone)/master/MMSEV_grapple/grappleRoot/pivot.003/bracket/arms_flat/arm1.014/arm2.014"

at the same time after a single launch, and then it killed my game. how do i sent a full log up here?

3 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Hello. I getting a lot of

[WRN 00:31:02.676] BoxColliders does not support negative scale or size.
The effective box size has been forced positive and is likely to give unexpected collision geometry.
If you absolutely need to use negative scaling you can use the convex MeshCollider. Scene hierarchy path "Benjee10.MMSEV.grapple/model/Benjee10_MMSEV/Parts/MMSEV_grapple(Clone)/master/MMSEV_grapple/grappleRoot/pivot.003/bracket/arms_flat/arm1.014/arm2.014"

at the same time after a single launch, and then it killed my game. how do i sent a full log up here?

based on the log you showed me before, you're out of memory.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:43 AM, jebycheek said:

how do i sent a full log up here?

Read this topic

The short answer is save your log file to a file sharing service, such as Dropbox or GoogleDrive. The create a public link to the file and paste the link here.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to ask for something that I think would help players create a fully self-sustaining colony. Would there be a way to add a drill that could extract water that would activate if a life support mod is detected? It would allow the greenhouses to run without needing to send water up to maintain them, and would close the life support loop by allowing electrolysis to split out the oxygen for the Kerbals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2023 at 6:21 PM, Javascap said:

I wanted to ask for something that I think would help players create a fully self-sustaining colony. Would there be a way to add a drill that could extract water that would activate if a life support mod is detected? It would allow the greenhouses to run without needing to send water up to maintain them, and would close the life support loop by allowing electrolysis to split out the oxygen for the Kerbals.

I know that this is way too late, but there is always Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, which has full life support support for TAC:LS (which I use with it) and has greenhouses, drills, water drills, etc., plus other things that you may find nice like nuclear reactors.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, revrengary said:

I cannot for the life of me find this part here in red.  I can find the base above it, but not the bottom part.

screenshot146.png?ex=65cc4cf1&is=65b9d7f

Thanks

Gary

It`s the PT-SP100 Structural Support Unit. Found in the structural-section, directly next to the base (PT-SA100). The stabilizers can be extended per rightclick ("Deploy Stabilizers").

8 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

It`s the PT-SP100 Structural Support Unit. Found in the structural-section, directly next to the base (PT-SA100). The stabilizers can be extended per rightclick ("Deploy Stabilizers").

Ok I found it, thank you

Edited by revrengary

• 1 month later...