[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

On 5/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, TaintedLion said:

Uninstall KIS and it'll work.

For anyone who doesn't want to uninstall KIS, you can always manually remove all items from the KIS inventory of any Kerbals you want to move into the inflatable habitat, and it will work fine. This error only blocks transferring a Kerbal if they have an item in their KIS inventory.

Edited by münambulist

@benjee10, @Grimmas, I confirmed an NRE/functional bug in the USI-LS patch that was submitted for PR #8 on GitHub.  GH user sac-winged-bat noted that Resources, such as Machinery and Recyclables, were not included in the patch.  I tried out his additions and they appear to make hab modules function correctly, without NRE spam.  I think the Hydroponics module also has some bugs; it's not switching agriculture type Resources so, for instance, you can't feed it Fertilizer and Mulch to get Supplies. 

Both the long and short 1.875m habs have the same crew support and life support timer capacity, and need balancing, as I'm guessing all the habitable parts do.  I thought @RoverDude had a tool/cheatsheet for how to consistently scale newly created USI-LS compatible parts, but I'm at a loss trying to find it in the USI-LS and MKS GH Wikis at the moment....

Edited by KSPrynk

1 hour ago, Starslinger999 said:

Is this mod compatible with kerbalism?

Kerbalism does what it can to calculate habitat volume, shielding, nitrogen capacities, and adds pod configurations to it. However there are no configs for the parts specifically, which means that the greenhouse and science lab don't get the special treatment that they need.

Edited by Jcking

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

Kerbalism does what it can to calculate habitat volume, shielding, nitrogen capacities, and adds pod configurations to it. However there are no configs for the parts specifically, which means that the greenhouse and science lab don't get the special treatment that they need.

oof hope theres compatibility in the future then

@Grimmas, @benjee10, I've thrown some re-balancing of the USI-LS patch at the wall in the GitHub PR and wanted to see what sticks.  Still a work-in-progress, but I was looking for a sanity check.  If there's anyone more experienced in USI-LS patches, feel free to come by there and comment (or run with it....)

I love the work put into these parts.  That greenhouse....:o

11 hours ago, Knowmeasphobos said:

Help! The staircase is blocking EVA for my kerbals and they can't get out. But, they were able to get in. Is this just me or anyone else?

30 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

I had it too, but it seems to be random. May be related to switchable endcaps on modules.

Are there any specific parts/part variants that this affects? I did a lot of testing to ensure that the stairs would work correctly, but it's possible that the colliders are set up incorrectly on a couple of parts and slipped through unnoticed. 

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

lot of testing

The worst thing was - i couldn't produce 100% repro steps because they sometimes work, and sometimes don't in same configuration. I had it with 1.875 lab, with non-round endcaps and the ladder attached to it.

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Are there any specific parts/part variants that this affects? I did a lot of testing to ensure that the stairs would work correctly, but it's possible that the colliders are set up incorrectly on a couple of parts and slipped through unnoticed. 

For me, it is the laboratory module with the rounded end variant with the top node rounded. I tried it without the rounded node and it worked fine. That might be the problem.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:29 PM, KSPrynk said:

Both the long and short 1.875m habs have the same crew support and life support timer capacity, and need balancing, as I'm guessing all the habitable parts do.  I thought @RoverDude had a tool/cheatsheet for how to consistently scale newly created USI-LS compatible parts, but I'm at a loss trying to find it in the USI-LS and MKS GH Wikis at the moment....

I just put a link to an old 2018 version of the balance spreadsheet in the MKS forum, if that helps...

Amazing mod, 

Does anyone have advice for setting up the rotating wheel mount, the wheels dont seem to have any traction once the mount has rotated, I'm not sure what the problem is.

I don't think its a problem with the mod, just me being stupid.

Having an issue with the science lab: if the PT-091A adapter is attached to either side, you cannot EVA, even if the other one is unobstructed. As well, the stairs prevent exiting from the side with stairs on them.

Edited by HoskJa

• 2 weeks later...