[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

On 7/30/2021 at 5:39 PM, lekkimsm2500 said:

I've had some bad experience in the past with surface bases and whatnot, that despite they had features that would allegedly attach them firmly to the ground of whatever planet/moon they were deployed on, time warping would in most cases end up being the end of bases i had made. Jumping, twitching, glitching and just generally the charm of KSP physics.

Just how sturdy/resilient is this against quirky physics? Do modules actually STAY attached, assuming attaching modules and bases is a thing in this mod?

Strongly recommend the Vessel Mover mod as a way to quickly catch and restore krakened bases when returning from tracker or warp. 

@benjee10, for your screen shots, are you using TUFX or ReShade or...? I've been looking to goose my visuals and don't know very well what I'm doing, but your pictures and JayTheAmazing's are the closest to what I'd like to get: bright, stark sunlight with crisp visuals (and not too much bloom). You know, like this:

MZBEXNV.jpg

Do you have any tips on what you use? Or do you know of a forum thread where somebody's got a good answer already?

On 8/10/2021 at 1:46 AM, Friznit said:

Check out @Zorg screenshot thread and guide.  It has everything you need.

Thank you. I have seen that, and I have it installed currently. Zorg's neutral is probably the best TUFX starting point for what I'm looking for, and I'm playing with other settings to get it closer. I was just very impressed with the screenshots Benjee has on the front page here, and they seem different from Zorg's. I also found a color grading setting on a Reddit post (apologies for forgetting the user) like this that I've been fiddling with:

EFFECT
 	{
  		name = ColorGrading
  		GradingMode = HighDefinitionRange
  		Tonemapper = Neutral
  		Temperature = 7
  		PostExposure = 0.200000003
  		Contrast = 20
 	}

But I don't mean to be hijacking the purpose of the thread, which is the planetside mod, instead of the pretty pictures on its front!

Edited by danfarnsy

On 8/7/2021 at 1:12 AM, The Dressian Exploder said:

It'll be interesting to see this mod being used with the ground anchor.

Trying to attatch an Androgynous Docking Mechanism to a girder on an anchor causes everything on the anchor to explode or launch off :( I don't get this effect when using stock docking ports.

It's weird, looking at the console when this happens there's a line that says "Collision Enhancer Punchthrough - vel:55.5211" Maybe that's why the game is freaking out? 

GZ0KY93.jpg

Edited by RYU AZUKU99

55 minutes ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

Trying to attatch an Androgynous Docking Mechanism to a girder on an anchor causes everything on the anchor to explode or launch off :( I don't get this effect when using stock docking ports.

It's weird, looking at the console when this happens there's a line that says "Collision Enhancer Punchthrough - vel:55.5211" Maybe that's why the game is freaking out? 

GZ0KY93.jpg

Problem is with the B9partSwitch module on the docking port. Will be fixed in next version, it’s down to the part switch module assuming the drag cubes need recalculating and briefly enabling all the colliders when being attached with EVA attachment. It is a simple config change.

2 hours ago, Kerbals Gallery said:

I am playing on version 1.10.1 and the menu for some details (wheel actuating mount, wheel too, C-100 docking mechanism and grapple unit) does not open. Is it possible to fix this somehow? These details work during the flight scene tho, but I still want to customize these parts...

This mod is for 1.11+. So I don`t think Benjee will fix some things for older KSP-versions. In particular 1.12.x is the final version of KSP.

I wish there was a Landing Legs mod  as I struggle to find decent landing legs, those ones look like there from the Martian pack. Squad never really improved the limited selection of landing legs, Aset produced a nice set and the AIES pack had some great landing gear but author never came back.

29 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I wish there was a Landing Legs mod  as I struggle to find decent landing legs, those ones look like there from the Martian pack. Squad never really improved the limited selection of landing legs, Aset produced a nice set and the AIES pack had some great landing gear but author never came back.

they all still work and also there is https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195546-112x-kre-kerbal-reusability-expansion/ thst has some nice ones

I still use bobcats AmericanPack landers for rovers

Edited by Mecripp

3 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

find decent landing legs

BDB (gemini lander, ranger), Tantares(LK, another LK, Luna from -SP), The Martian, Making Alternate History, Duna Direct (ship's and hab's). Learn how to do configs and you'll be able to use them standalone for personal use. Also, good legs are in Kerbal Foundries, but in 1.12 they may malfunction.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:10 PM, Pioneer_Steve said:

These parts are just so fluid. Lovely work Benjee!

unknown.png?width=1620&height=911

unknown.png

Lovely! How did you make that lander? I’m still trying out the parts mechanics of this mod but love this mod Arthur’s work! Curious do you have a craft file for just the whole lander?