[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

I'm having a problem where TAC doesn't seem to be supported except for the Command Cabins (namely the PT-M100C Command Cabin and the 3.75m Parts). The Hydroponics Module does not have a Recycler or any TAC Resources for that matter, same for all of the parts except for the previously mentioned Command Cabins.

4 hours ago, DR_RDR said:

@Moodmonger If you visit the github page for the mod, there's a pull request by lucbk that updates the TAC-LS MM patch.  When I used that patch, the hydroponics module grows food, the habitation module includes the various TAC scrubbers, etc.

I found this out by looking at the "issues" tab on Github, this really confused me. Now I have a base and a satellite on the Mun!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Community,

Just a quick one.

I'm trying to build a base, and desperatly thinking the foundations are note aligned :

6pqdXEn.png

Given the size and the weight, do you think this could be an issue ?

Especialy with the surfing factor on celetial bodies with less gravity...

GRHRAXF.png

46 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

Hello Community,

Just a quick one.

I'm trying to build a base, and desperatly thinking the foundations are note aligned :

6pqdXEn.png

Given the size and the weight, do you think this could be an issue ?

Especialy with the surfing factor on celetial bodies with less gravity...

GRHRAXF.png

Translate up

Yeah was thinking doing this, just wanted to share and in case my "expertise" of this mod was insufficient :)

Maybe a little adjustment can be brought by @benjee10 to the vertical module in terms of length to fit its vertical utilisation?

Actually this mod is sooo neat, that I was surprised seeing this :D

Edited by Demcrew

13 minutes ago, Demcrew said:

Yeah was thinking doing this, just wanted to share and in case my "expertise" of this mod was insufficient :)

Maybe a little adjustment can be brought by @benjee10 to the vertical module in terms of length to fit its vertical utilisation?

Actually this mod is sooo neat, that I was surprised seeing this :D

In testing I found that the slight flexibility of joints in KSP was sufficient to account for the small offset, certainly easier than having to adjust the meshes and node positions of every single part! If not a little bit of offsetting never hurt anyone ;) 

Hi @benjee10!

I'm adding specific support to Kerbalism Simplex for this :) however, I have a couple of quick questions/ observations to gauge some feedback.

I'm going to balance the hydroponics module as the same as the yucky kerbalism greenhouse.   It is about the same mass and supports 1/2 a kerbal in food production, it also shows significantly less green mass than the SSPX ones which are typically multiples of support over the vanilla greenhouse, but have higher masses.

For the wind turbines, kerbalism won't support the variable winds in its background processing.  In considering this, I think I'll need to make it biome specific, and effectively an EC harvester from the atmosphere.  Oceans, and high biomes, highlands/ mountains, and poles will have high winds, shores will medium winds and everywhere else low winds.

Any feedback on these?

@benjee10, I thought you'd like to see something I've made with your mod. This is me adding a hydroponics module to my Minmus base.

auyc8yC.png

Spoiler

WFQ7XHW.png

My big dumb booster on the launchpad, with the new hydroponics module inside.

pOryucy.png

Liftoff.

52UaVA5.png

Burning for orbit.

xLjI4TN.png

Fairing separation.

6yRtv6e.png

Staging.

gwam4ML.png

The payload is revealed. I turned the lights on for the beauty shot.

lH4UsYK.png

Ten days later, braking into Minmus orbit.

byp95Om.png

Payload separation. The upper stage deorbits itself and impacts on Minmus.

zwu3Itr.png

Deorbit burn.

99UZKxT.jpg

Approaching the base.

VedrIX7.jpg

Maneuvering into position. This took longer than I care to admit.

3ZP2c5Y.jpg

At last, capture.

TDG2La8.jpg

The completed base, at least for now.

5gSsiVO.jpg

An aerial view of the base with MINSAM and resupply truck visible in the background.

Hi, had a little bit of an issue with the low-profile docking port. When I place it, it'll just vanish and prevent any of the other UI controls from working, to the point where I have to force the game to shut down. Actually had the same issue with the Shuttle OMS engine from reDIRECT when attaching it to the Orion service module. Am I missing something? The mod seems to be installed correctly.

EDIT: The androgynous docking port, not the low-profile one.

Edited by Telvee32

OK, I installed HabTech2 and the androgynous docking port that comes with that seems to work. I noticed reDIRECT's version of the sharedAssets bundle has a directory called APAS in its root directory which I'm guessing is the deprecated docking port? That seemed to be the one causing issues as it was showing up in game.

Edited by Telvee32

Here's a quick patch which adds compatibility with USI Life Support: https://pastebin.com/u3QQLnC4

It's intended to be balanced with the USI-LS configuration of Nertea's Stockalike Station Parts Redux and Near Future parts, since I think Planetside complements those nicely. Some parts are pretty much ground-based versions of SSPX parts with some slight differences, so this patch is meant to extend equivalent USI-LS functionality to Planetside parts.

It doesn't do anything fancy, but I would like to be able to modify the PT-3H Expandable Habitat Module to use SSPX's ModuleDeployableHabitat rather than ModuleAnimateGeneric. In theory the code should look something like this:

!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDeployableHabitat
		DeployAnimationName = atticDeploy
		AnimationSpeed = 1
		AnimationLayer = 1

CrewSkillNeeded = #autoLOC_500103
		CrewSkillNeededName = #autoLOC_500103
		CrewToDeploy = 1
		DeployedCrewCapacity = 5

Deployed = True

DeployActionName = Inflate
		RetractActionName = Deflate
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Inflation
	}

But the animation is back-to-front, i.e. the default "deployed" state is whatever the start of the animation is, which in the case of the PT-3H is when it's deflated. The rest of the functionality works fine, so if anyone knows a way of changing the default animation state via patch then let me know.