[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 1:59 PM, jefferyharrell said:

@benjee10, I thought you'd like to see something I've made with your mod. This is me adding a hydroponics module to my Minmus base.

auyc8yC.png

Hide contents

WFQ7XHW.png

My big dumb booster on the launchpad, with the new hydroponics module inside.

pOryucy.png

Liftoff.

52UaVA5.png

Burning for orbit.

xLjI4TN.png

Fairing separation.

6yRtv6e.png

Staging.

gwam4ML.png

The payload is revealed. I turned the lights on for the beauty shot.

lH4UsYK.png

Ten days later, braking into Minmus orbit.

byp95Om.png

Payload separation. The upper stage deorbits itself and impacts on Minmus.

zwu3Itr.png

Deorbit burn.

99UZKxT.jpg

Approaching the base.

VedrIX7.jpg

Maneuvering into position. This took longer than I care to admit.

3ZP2c5Y.jpg

At last, capture.

TDG2La8.jpg

The completed base, at least for now.

5gSsiVO.jpg

An aerial view of the base with MINSAM and resupply truck visible in the background.

I know this post is old, but any chance you remember the mod you got those awesome radial fuel tanks from? The ones mounted near the engines on your "Jamestown" segment.

On 7/21/2022 at 1:48 AM, Virtualgenius said:

I cant seem to find an APAS docking port of the right size does @benjee10 have one in his other mods that could be included in the shared assets

He does, I personally got it from reDIRECT I believe.

1 minute ago, Elro2k said:

I know this post is old, but any chance you remember the mod you got those awesome radial fuel tanks from? The ones mounted near the engines on your "Jamestown" segment.

I believe they're the multipurpose fuel tanks from Near Future Exploration.

Just now, JebTheDestroyer said:

He does, I personally got it from reDIRECT I believe.

I believe they're the multipurpose fuel tanks from Near Future Exploration.

Woah record response time, thank you so much!

On 7/21/2022 at 6:48 AM, Virtualgenius said:

I cant seem to find an APAS docking port of the right size does @benjee10 have one in his other mods that could be included in the shared assets

The APAS port is included in the sharedAssets bundled with this mod!

@benjee10  there seems to be only a small one c100 for the rover is there a larger one for the buildings  available or do we use standard docking ports or scale that port down to use the supplied apas 

Sorry to be such a pain in butt its an awesome pack and just trying to get my head around all the awesome parts 

Edited by Virtualgenius

12 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@benjee10  there seems to be only a small one c100 for the rover is there a larger one for the buildings  available or do we use standard docking ports or scale that port down to use the supplied apas 

Sorry to be such a pain in butt its an awesome pack and just trying to get my head around all the awesome parts 

Ah I see! There is a 1.25m->0.9375m (APAS size) adapter included so you can use that to join the modules, or you could use any 1.25m size port e.g. the stock Clamp-O-Tron, or the CBM (ISS-type) port included in HabTech2. But really it is up to you, there is no 'right' way to connect them up!

30 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

OK cool thanks would you consider making a larger version of the c100 for the buildings or is it too much of stretch I will seek out the habtech one for the time being

thanks for the quick reply its a very awesome pack 

No plans for that I'm afraid, the C100 is based on the real APAS port which works out at 0.9375m in KSP scale. I would like to revamp the CBM port in HabTech though in which case I'll add it to this mod too.

On 7/25/2022 at 5:43 AM, Virtualgenius said:

OK cool thanks would you consider making a larger version of the c100 for the buildings or is it too much of stretch I will seek out the habtech one for the time being

thanks for the quick reply its a very awesome pack 

BDB has the CADS port which is a 1.24m active docking port

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I was noticing that the TAC_LS patches were only applying to a few parts, so I poked under the hood a bit on the TACLS config section and came up with this config file that fixes most of them, except it still doesn't attach the resources to the Attic module which might be because the inflate/deflate makes the resource handling fancier but honestly I learned everything I now know about mod manager scripting while poking at this problem so I'm pretty out of my depth, anyhow here's a log from loading up the game and subsequently this craft (which as you can see has the right resources on all the parts except the attic), I'd really appreciate if you have any more insight into this, but thanks for making such a great part set that I absolutely *had* to have for my moonbases!

13 hours ago, A_Derg said:

Any plans for updating this mod for 1.12 and Kerbalism?

5 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

Benjee's mods work fine in 1.12.+

As for Kerbalism, they tend to handle their mod support internally. You're probably better off asking if anyone has configs for the PE parts in the Kerbalism thread.

Can confirm, definitely works in current version. Any issues are minor, if you can even call them issues. 

Uploaded a small update to update dependencies for 1.12.3, including sharedAssets and HabTechProps. Should still be backwards compatible to previous versions. There are no major changes specific for Planetside, but we do now have this NASA docking system part (a slight tweak of the APAS) which fits the MMSEV plans a bit better:

Screenshot_2022-07-28_at_11.06.45.png

Also comes in the (unfortunately cancelled) LIDS variant:

screenshot1.png

On 9/4/2022 at 2:28 PM, Awesomesauce1337 said:

Would it be theoretically possible to take the wind plugin and make a sailing mod? This is a bit far fetched but would it be possible?

Seems like it ought to since it does simulate wind direction. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...