[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Noah Foloni said:

This mod is amazing! I just have one issue: the habitation modules are just tables and chairs. I think it would be nice if there was a variant that had beds in it, maybe 4 bunks? two on each side? Just a thought, so that the kerbals can sleep.

Eh? I know I’ve seen some with bunks, but I’m not sure which parts.  Maybe the inflatable attic?

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Eh? I know I’ve seen some with bunks, but I’m not sure which parts.  Maybe the inflatable attic?

The big 3.75m hab has bunks in it. They’re a bit too bulky to fit in the 1.875m modules without taking up too much space for the kerbals to sit in.

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

The big 3.75m hab has bunks in it. They’re a bit too bulky to fit in the 1.875m modules without taking up too much space for the kerbals to sit in.

Oh right, the attic part! I usually put relays on top of my bases so I forgot to add one.

31 minutes ago, dan1ell1ma said:

Ckan is supported?

Yes. If you don't see it under the "Compatible" filter, you probably want to change your compatible versions to 1.12.x instead of just 1.12.4 in CKAN. Go to Settings -> Compatible Game Versions -> Check the "1.12" box and click "Accept".

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, grantbebop said:

This mod is one of the best mods I have seen in KSP! Awesome work. However, none of the docking ports seem to be working for me. Is there a specific way I need to set them up or could it be a mod conflict?

Perhaps you need to update this:  https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets  Without a log file, or even any description of what "not working" means, it's sorta impossible to give you any more specific feedback. If you update the above and still have issues, please consider uploading your ksp.log file to a file sharing service like Google drive. It's in the main KSP install folder.

And welcome to the forums :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely mod! Any reason the C-200 CBM docking port from Habtech wouldn't be part of your shared assets folder?  Not asking how to get individual parts from another mod, just thought the docking port seems a good fit for this mod and as one of the only 1.25m edge flush docking port, it has has value to general KSP gameplay beyond its ISS theming. Seems like a perfect candidate for a shared asset.

7 hours ago, kerbanauts said:

Thank you for mod.

Where can I found list of parts?

I have many parts mod so i can find few parts of this mod. 

Welcome to the forums. Just above your parts tray, in the search filter, you can use "mmsev" or "planetside" for most of the parts. There's also an excellent mod called Janitor's Closet that will hide/show complete mods, so you can show the contents of just one if you want.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
typos

On 5/15/2021 at 11:00 PM, Raptor22 said:

I've found that the wheels for the MMSEV have very low power - it can barely handle even the gentlest slopes. It seems that anything over 5 degrees is simply too steep for it. For a planetary exploration rover, it doesn't seem to make much sense that it can't handle slopes gentler than many paved roads. I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem. It also burns through battery extremely quickly, depleting the rover's electrical charge within a matter of seconds. Even adding extra batteries to it, I can hardly get more than a full minute or two worth of continuous motor use out of it before I have to start coasting to recharge. That, combined with the low power / torque of the wheels, makes negotiating any slope greater than, say, 1 degree a real challenge.

I know this was an older post, but I don't see any responses and I'm having the exact same issues with the wheels. They seem to have next to no power, no slope climbing ability and a set of 4 of them burn through the 500 unit battery in less than a minute, even with no load on the platform.

-K

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I built the rover but it has these green lines on it and i cannot for the life of me remember ever seeing these before

LECE5nm.png

You may have hit something by accident. Probably the wrong button, but did you try F12? It brings up aerodynamic forces and the lines there look kinda like this.