[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

9 hours ago, modus said:

I have a USI and MKS patch, think it was made by @Grimmas.

It's on GitHub, but would have to look where exactly. Maybe there's a link somewhere in this thread.

This one? https://github.com/benjee10/Benjee10_MMSEV/pull/8

Looking at the discussion thread on that PR the patch has some resource defs missing so may not be fully functional.  Is there an updated version around?

Hello, I thought I'd ask here if Connected Living Spaces (CLS) is supported with this mod? Or if anyone has a patch that can make it work?

My issue:

3s3U9Yv.png

CLS is showing the M50H as a separate area that's not connected (unless I'm not reading CLS properly, if anyone can correct me that would be helpful!) even though I'm connecting using the C200 port?

Appreciate any help!

Edited by scottadges

On 2/2/2022 at 7:01 PM, Friznit said:

Looking at the discussion thread on that PR the patch has some resource defs missing so may not be fully functional.  Is there an updated version around?

hmm yeah looks like he hasn't updated it (I haven't used the parts in a while).
You can add those resource defs yourself, I guess (though I agree it's a bit of a pain).

Edited by modus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 9:21 AM, Adventures said:

Do you have a craft file for this one? lol?

Also take a look at the workshop on Steam for Kerbal Space Program; znatrix (steam workshop name) has some pretty good landers and stations done and they use this mod quite a bit.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2375635857

Edited by reschke

At the risk of sounding dumb but how do you connect the rover wheels to the base? Its connection point is on the the top and I cant place the wheels on the side of the base. What am I doing wrong?

On 2/2/2022 at 7:01 PM, Friznit said:

Im trying to download this version right now,does anyone know how to do it?im not really that good at using github,and no matter where i look i just cant find a download button to actually get the folder,i can only find the download option for each individual file,and i doubt ill be able to piece together everything from just that,and it would take hours to do

On 4/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, FaceRiver said:

At the risk of sounding dumb but how do you connect the rover wheels to the base? Its connection point is on the the top and I cant place the wheels on the side of the base. What am I doing wrong?

Think there's a separate part to attach the wheels.

9 hours ago, Dragonking said:

Im trying to download this version right now,does anyone know how to do it?im not really that good at using github,and no matter where i look i just cant find a download button to actually get the folder,i can only find the download option for each individual file,and i doubt ill be able to piece together everything from just that,and it would take hours to do

Understandable.

Go to the GitHub page via the link on the OP.    There you'll see a link to a .zip file (Planetside_v1.0.1.zip).   Click on it and your browser should take you to the Releases page of the GitHub Planetside repository.  You should see three links under "Assets".   Click on and download the Planetside_v1.0.1.zip file to a directory.   I created one specifically for all my manually downloaded KSP mods.  Don't download the source code.  It's meaningless to you.

If you've done this before or installed Planetside some other way, before you complete the rest of this process, make sure any existing Planetside folder in your KSP game's GameData folder is removed.  Sometimes files can linger after this sort of install and it's best to start clean.

Once the download is complete, open the zip file.  You don't mention which operating system you use, but for most, it's a simple matter of double-clicking on it.  Inside the zip you'll find two items, a GameData folder and a README file.  Read the README file.  It'll tell you to copy the zip file's GameData folder into your KSP folder.  Since GameData already exists under the KSP folder, the operation should simply add the Planetside folder into your KSP GameData folder.

Et voila...you should be ready to go.