[1.12.x] [BG] Planetside Exploration Technologies | Surface bases, NASA MMSEV, wind turbines & more! | v1.0.2

benjee10

Yeah I tried F12 must be a combination of keys that I have accidentally hit  hopefully someone will know what they are thanks for your help

I have resolved the problem it was KJR Next causing the issue  switched to KJR continued seems all good

Edited by Virtualgenius

I have a Exploration Vehicle on the Mun thats giving me a Hatch Obstructed warning when I try to get Bob out of it. Theres only a few parts on it, and none anywhere near the rear. I thought the rover part might just be bugged to not allow exit, but I tried a naked one and EVA worked fine, so i guess its just a little touchy with where the hatch is. I uploaded the craft to steam workshop if you want to take a look. I'll just send someone to disassemble the rover or edit the save.

roY3uO5.jpeg

The only mods on it are restock afaik, tho i am using a lot of mods.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2943093423

BTW ty for the wonderful parts, here is a video of the graceful deployment:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKj0HMvwpaq_FYreSIOJwC7QC7APFjJy/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Duhya

On 7/25/2022 at 8:19 PM, benjee10 said:

No plans for that I'm afraid, the C100 is based on the real APAS port which works out at 0.9375m in KSP scale. I would like to revamp the CBM port in HabTech though in which case I'll add it to this mod too.

@benjee10 did you ever get around to revamp on the CBM port

2 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@benjee10 did you ever get around to revamp on the CBM port

Yes, it's been added to sharedAssets which you can grab here: Releases · benjee10/Benjee10_sharedAssets (github.com)

screenshot472.png

Comes in 3 versions, Active Type I, Active Type II (with petals/thermal cover) and Passive, though all of them are compatible with each other for simplicity. I'll be updating the Planetside release soon to include the new version of SharedAssets. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I seem to have a problem with my Rover Wheel Actuating Mount. I get this #autoLOC error on the actuating sliders with doesn't allow me to retract the wheels, this is a huge problem as it means I can't get the base modules to berth with my core module which is situated slightly shorter than the modules with wheels extended. I've also noticed I'm unable to reverse with the P-G40M Rover Wheels. Please help!!!

CLu3jEI.jpg

6 hours ago, Masterredlime said:

I get this #autoLOC error on the actuating sliders [which] doesn't allow me to retract the wheels ...

The #autoLOC_[number] isn't an error per se, it just means the localisation string is missing. In other words, the game doesn't know what text to use for the sliders and other controls. That suggests to me that you don't have the Breaking Ground DLC, which is required for the wheel mount to function:

On 4/3/2021 at 6:14 PM, benjee10 said:

DEPENDENCIES

Rotating wheel mounts & wind turbine servos require the KSP Breaking Ground DLC.

AFAIK the wheel mount doesn't extend/retract the wheels anyway – it rotates them allowing you to, for example, drive sideways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/10/2023 at 7:37 AM, Saturn1234 said:

Hi, I noticed there was a discussion here about compatibility with Kerbalism. How does it look at the moment? Can I safely download both mods?

You can safely use both mods, however many parts in this aren't configured correctly. I've been making patches here and there as I use the parts, but things like the greenhouses aren't configured by default.

For instance, I made this little patch to allow the command parts to actually have some science capacity..

@PART[Benjee10_MMSEV_baseHDU,Benjee10_MMSEV_baseLander,Benjee10_MMSEV_chassis,Benjee10_MMSEV]:NEEDS[Benjee10_MMSEV,Kerbalism]:FOR[zCustom]
{
	@MODULE[HardDrive]
	{
		@title = Command Module Storage
		@dataCapacity = 8.5
		@sampleCapacity = 12
		UPGRADES
		{
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = HDD-Upgrade1
				techRequired__ = electrics
				dataCapacity = 17
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = SampleCapacity-Upgrade1
				techRequired__ = miniaturization
				sampleCapacity = 36
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = SampleCapacity-Upgrade2
				techRequired__ = advExploration
				sampleCapacity = 72
			}
			UPGRADE
			{
				name__ = SampleCapacity-Upgrade3
				techRequired__ = fieldScience
				sampleCapacity = 144
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by Nori

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, loving this and the other mods bejee10, but I wanted to post this because I am having some problems
Whenever I load the game,  B9 part switch gives me a serious error, parts included all seem to be MMSEV parts (maybe a few might be other planetside parts but I don't know), I've tried re-installing planetside but to no avail. This all started right after I installed reDIRECT, as for some reason CKAN didn't install it when I installed artemis and shuttle construction kits. I installed it manually as CKAN only had the older DIRECT mod, which as far I've looked, seems to be an old outdated version of the mod

Any help on this would be very kind :) 

Edit: Before I send the logs, I'll go through and reinstall b9, planetside, and redirect one at a time to see if it is fixed. if it's still not working, i'll send the logs over to you guys

Edited by Kaleta
Editing to let people know what i'm doing before sending the logs

7 hours ago, Kaleta said:

Hey, loving this and the other mods bejee10, but I wanted to post this because I am having some problems
Whenever I load the game,  B9 part switch gives me a serious error, parts included all seem to be MMSEV parts (maybe a few might be other planetside parts but I don't know), I've tried re-installing planetside but to no avail. This all started right after I installed reDIRECT, as for some reason CKAN didn't install it when I installed artemis and shuttle construction kits. I installed it manually as CKAN only had the older DIRECT mod, which as far I've looked, seems to be an old outdated version of the mod

Any help on this would be very kind :) 

You’d need to post your logs for anyone to be able to help. Or at least the exact error message you get from b9ps.

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Logs are always available.  Read this post for locations for your OS and other useful info.

Yeah, I just couldn't find it. Turns out for some reason I had deleted it to save space. Here's the link; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NziSadPaJF1Pd50f7viixl8UVWLsDhli/view?usp=sharing
(also ignore FASA, since last I loaded this game I have removed it because BDB exists)

ALSO, Keep in mind all the mods I have are installed by CKAN, except for reDIRECT because as I stated earlier,  only the older DIRECT mod was on CKAN

7 hours ago, Kaleta said:

Yeah, I just couldn't find it. Turns out for some reason I had deleted it to save space. Here's the link; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NziSadPaJF1Pd50f7viixl8UVWLsDhli/view?usp=sharing
(also ignore FASA, since last I loaded this game I have removed it because BDB exists)

ALSO, Keep in mind all the mods I have are installed by CKAN, except for reDIRECT because as I stated earlier,  only the older DIRECT mod was on CKAN

It looks like you installed the version of B9PartSwitch (and probably other dependencies) from the reDIRECT download instead of using the latest versions installed by CKAN.  It's 7 versions out of date.

Edited by JonnyOThan

9 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

It looks like you installed the version of B9PartSwitch (and probably other dependencies) from the reDIRECT download instead of using the latest versions installed by CKAN.  It's 7 versions out of date.

That's odd.... CKAN says I have 2.20 downloaded. But I'll reinstall it manually (using the github file) just in case. I'll do it manually because If I did it with CKAN it would unnecessarily reinstall everything else (because most mods require partswitch)

I'll get back to this post and edit it if something is fixed or didn't work

59 minutes ago, Kaleta said:

That's odd.... CKAN says I have 2.20 downloaded. But I'll reinstall it manually (using the github file) just in case. I'll do it manually because If I did it with CKAN it would unnecessarily reinstall everything else (because most mods require partswitch)

I'll get back to this post and edit it if something is fixed or didn't work

I think the best and most headache-free solution to your issue would be to manually install your mods rather than use CKAN. It causes issues like this all the time and I personally don't think it's worth using. It doesn't even save much time, manually installing mods is literally dragging and dropping files into a single folder.