Kerbal Space Program Hardcore with Tabarnouche Interplanetary

This is my first ever let's play for any game, a hard mode KSP playthrough with no reverts, no quicksaves, maximum Comm-Net restrictions, and added difficulty through USI Life Support and Probes Before Crew tech tree rebalance.

I've made three episodes so far and we're almost ready to go to space.

Here's my first video:

And my second:

And the third, the most recent one so far:

Oh, and just for fun, I also recorded myself messing around with a totally reasonable plane in another save:

Come, join us for the ride and start a betting pool on which of the veteran four will be the first to earn a memorial service.

(Oh, and I would love feedback on my editing and commentary, as I have no idea what I'm doing on that front. But I do think that there has been a significant improvement already from my first video to my third).

Channel Link - Tabarnouche Interplanetary

Edited by 256
fixing links

Yeah, I considered that as well, but I decided that I'd rather not have to decide what constituted a kraken attack and what was actually bad craft design. So I'll just accept kraken attacks as random parts failures or acts of god, which are, after all, a very present danger for real space programs.

And, on my previous 1.11 playthrough, I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot fewer kraken attacks than in previous versions. I did learn however that one should never, under any circumstances, use EVA construction on a vessel that is currently landed...

New update on the hardcore save coming tonight or tomorrow, but for now I've been experimenting with small plane designs in my other save and having real fun stunt flying in first person mode with HullcamVDS...

So the Tabarnouche Moufette Works experimental division (aka "Sandbox Mode") is really pushing the envelope when it comes to tiny plane design. These developments are going to be very useful (and potentially deadly) to us in career mode soon....

Episode 8 is up. We're finally bringing some of this stunt plane madness into the Hardcore Career...

Slight spoiler warning: we visit one of KSP's terrain easter eggs in this video.

I've been talking for about 5 videos about how we're going to need to build an orbital relay network if we ever want to go beyond low Kerbin orbit.

Today, we finally begin doing that.

Two new episodes! First we finish our relay network, then we test it out with some autonomous missions to the far side of Kerbin and the near side of the Mun!

Edited by 256

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.