Decoupled Probe becomes massless

Howdy,

I only have the MechJeb mod installed on my system (installed through CKAN)

The problem i'm having is i'm attempting to launch multiple probes at once (3 on one, I even have a 9 probe launcher) Somehow when I decouple one of the probes it gets deorbited instantly and starts acting massless.

not sure how to fix this bug. it's something about the multiple probe bodies not being the root part?

It seems to act like it doesn't behave with gravity, you could crash into it and it wouldn't move at all.

My rocket and orbit

My probe once decoupled

My decoupled probe's orbit

I think I've heard of this issue about 2 years back but it was never solved...
Try uninstalling mechjeb and seeing if its still broken...
If so then it is a stock bug,
If not then it may be entirely different.

Edited by Rambow_Ninja94
typo

I believe I too have the same issue when trying it decouple multiple satellites. I have a log.  This just gets spammed badly after separation when the bugged craft is focused.

dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN
  at System.Environment.get_StackTrace () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly (System.Double tA, System.Double wrapAfterSeconds) [0x00000] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at PatchedConics._CalculatePatch (Orbit p, Orbit nextPatch, System.Double startEpoch, PatchedConics+SolverParameters pars, CelestialBody targetBody) [0x00000] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 
  at PatchedConicSolver.Update () [0x00000] in <2afc64dea36946459d4707808bdac511>:0 

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I did. No luck. However I came across this thread.

I believe this is the same issue and am getting ready to test this now. Occording to the OP in this post its the small cubic strut being attached to a decoupler that is causing the bug. Going to remove that part from my design to see if it works now..

Edit: YEP! That did it! Good God... must've been three hours last night uninstalling mods. >.< So as to why this is a problem with the cubic strut is beyond me. My first guess would be an issue with restock.

Edited by Motokid600

33 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

I did. No luck. However I came across this thread.

I believe this is the same issue and am getting ready to test this now. Occording to the OP in this post its the small cubic strut being attached to a decoupler that is causing the bug. Going to remove that part from my design to see if it works now..

Edit: YEP! That did it! Good God... must've been three hours last night uninstalling mods. >.< So as to why this is a problem with the cubic strut is beyond me. My first guess would be an issue with restock.

Try removing Restock  and see if it still happens

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.