Propulsion Mods

Hey there, I hope this thread is in the right section. If not, feel free to move it.

So, I’ve been wanting to explore Eve for so long, and one of the best ways to do it is with aircrafts. Unfortunately, the only stock engines that work there (Vector, Aerospike and Mammoth) are rocket engines, so they are not very efficient.

So I searched for some propulsion mods and found Firespitter, that adds electric propellers to the game, and I’ve made a couple of electric propelled planes that work fine, but they are very VERY slow, because of the immense drag caused by the propellers...

So, I’m wondering what other mod adds some sort of propulsion system that can be used by Eve aircrafts? 

My game version is KSP 1.6.1

Well jet engine don't work on Eve because it has no oxygen. But you could take a look at this mod, it might help. Just make sure you download the proper version for 1.6.1.

I haven't been to Eve very much, but if this doesn't work. You could always just mod the Eve engines and make them extremely efficient. Then you could just drop them on a aircraft.

@The Blazer Explodium Breathing Engines might just be what you're looking for.  It's jet engines for Eve, but instead of carry the fuel and extracting oxygen from the air, you carry the oxidizer and extract fuel from the air.

Edited by OhioBob

Its particularly hard to find mods that work in 1.6.1, but i have been looking through the previous versions of the mods that i use and fount that Tantares and Tantares LV both have kept there legacy code on spacedock, Some of these engines are optimised for vacuum, but most are sea level engines (with high ISP)
They appear to (alt least in modern versions) work on Eve.
I cannot recommend this mod highly enough (for its parts and its engines) And I Highly recommend it.
link:

On 4/4/2021 at 10:39 PM, OhioBob said:

@The Blazer Explodium Breathing Engines might just be what you're looking for.  It's jet engines for Eve, but instead of carry the fuel and extracting oxygen from the air, you carry the oxidizer and extract fuel from the air.

Well, it works, thanks!

On 4/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, Rambow_Ninja94 said:

Its particularly hard to find mods that work in 1.6.1, but i have been looking through the previous versions of the mods that i use and fount that Tantares and Tantares LV both have kept there legacy code on spacedock, Some of these engines are optimised for vacuum, but most are sea level engines (with high ISP)
They appear to (alt least in modern versions) work on Eve.
I cannot recommend this mod highly enough (for its parts and its engines) And I Highly recommend it.
link:

I’ll check this one too. Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.