What do YOU Want From the Next KSP 2 Feature Video (whatever they are called)

Of these choices, which would you prefer?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Of these choices, which would you prefer?

• Focus on Kerbin System
    • Focus on Jool system
    • Focus on inter stellar system
    • Focus on Colonization
    • Focus on visuals
    • Other (I cant make 100 choices im to lazy)

I would be happy with anything myself, but if I had to choose one, interstellar travel could give insight into time frame of travel, distance, forms of propulsion, possible SOI of stars, interstellar navigation on how you figure out where you can go, and a number of other interesting aspects.

I want to see what (if any) new aeronautic parts and systems are coming ( still really hoping for a non-modded autopilot hold altitude/heading feature) and more info on ground vehicles.  I love building rockets but it's a lot of fun building rovers and mach 2 puddle jumpers.  :)

Gameplay systems wise, I want to see this game's take on career funds and science experiments.  I'm hoping for something more evolved than KSP1's functional barebones research.

I would like to see the full KSC lay out, since it looks like it hasn't changed from the beginning. I don't care if there are WIP or place holder buildings in the complex. (Could add to the fun of guessing which building is which.)

Or the new SPH if it's ready. Since we haven't seen screen shots for it yet.

5 hours ago, Atomic Engineer said:

30 Minutes of Gameplay footage would be AWESOME!

Which includes building a shuttle to launch crew from Kerbin to rendezvous with interstellar craft which then burns to one of the new systems.

Might need a few time-lapse montages.

50 minutes ago, mattinoz said:

Which includes building a shuttle to launch crew from Kerbin to rendezvous with interstellar craft which then burns to one of the new systems.

Might need a few time-lapse montages.

I like this, it would be nice to see a bit of a montage of a step to the next frontier. Not only could it serve as a nice demonstration for what they've accomplished making this game so far, but could also be informative in giving an example of how taking that next step can be done.

I'm not for giving people the answers, but showing people that there are can be motivating to those giving a first look. Just don't make it look too awesome or it might intimidate instead of encourage.

On 4/7/2021 at 10:20 AM, mcwaffles2003 said:

I like this, it would be nice to see a bit of a montage of a step to the next frontier. Not only could it serve as a nice demonstration for what they've accomplished making this game so far, but could also be informative in giving an example of how taking that next step can be done.

I'm not for giving people the answers, but showing people that there are can be motivating to those giving a first look. Just don't make it look too awesome or it might intimidate instead of encourage.

I'm not sure the typical current KSP player is ever intimidated.

The biggest thing Im interested in is game mechanics. I do of course get why they might keep this close to the chest until they’re really ironed out but to me ill-defined mechanics, poorly structured tech tree, odd progression pacing etc are the biggest deficiencies in KSP1. Marvelous game of course and Im sure I have 5000h into career alone, but yeah, as we all know the contract and science systems aren’t amazing. Given KSP2’s scope and colony system and all Im sure radical changes will be needed and Id love to hear about how they’re thinking about that. About how many resources are involved? How will milk-run and colonial trade automation work? If anyone’s played factorio or dyson sphere program there’s an element there—highly simplified of course—in which balancing inputs and outputs and automating exchange between colonies could be really fantastic if it was easy to use. Understanding where these resources are most plentiful through surface scanning and probe missions, and then being strategic about how your program and colonies develop and how that effects your progression through the tech tree seem like really key elements.