Noob-Friendly Guide on Installing RSS/RO?

I am new to RSS/RO and I was wondering if there is a mod list that has the mods needed for RSS/RO? I hear CKAN has a thing that you can import a list of mods and it installs them, so Is there any file for that? I havent gotten this deep into modding like this, so any help is appreciated. I can't tell which forum thread is the Right RSS/RO thread, either. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

7 hours ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

I hear CKAN has a thing that you can import a list of mods and it installs them, so Is there any file for that?

CKAN has the actual RealSolarSystem and RealismOverhaul themselves, including recommended and suggested mods, maintained by the team that works on those projects, no need for some after-market third party hack job.

5nijkmP.png

3 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

I mentioned it before but Carnasa has a nice (and new!) video.  

Nice. I think this is the newest one, though (linked in the description). Comparing the two videos, he made quite a few notable improvements to the instructions:

Looks like that will help a lot of folks. A few minor CKAN-related notes:

• You can use the File → Audit recommendations option to view recommendations and suggestions for your installed mods, in case you want to start with a minimal install and then add more later:
    YHWOMdJ.png
  • The release of ProceduralFairings-ForEverything highlighted in the 1.8.1 video is in CKAN, but a problem with its version file has kept it limited to KSP 1.7 and earlier. I'll see if there's something we can do about that. In the meantime, you can go to the Versions tab to force-install it.
    EDIT: Done.
Edited by HebaruSan
Updated ProceduralFairings-ForEverything's compatibility

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.