One stop shop for mods in 2021

Grease1991

• 3 weeks later...

I find mods via CKAN or the forums, and keep most mods installed/updated via CKAN. For mods where I really must have the latest version or where CKAN is lagging behind, I'll look on Github for unreleased updates or even download and compile it myself from source (how much I want the latest features of a mod is proportional to the time and effort I put into it). Same for when I want to make local changes since with CKAN I'll often forget and overwrite them. 

CKAN updates automatically as new releases come out, for the mods that have been added to it.

A manually-maintained "mod list" has to be... maintained manually. Someone has to tell the maintainer, or the maintainer has to notice, when new updates come out, and then the maintainer has to edit the list. When the maintainer loses interest, the list will drift further and further out of date. It's going to be hard for such a list to win this match-up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.