KSP 2 Gas Giants

wpetula

In KSP 1, gas giants can look amazing from space but are unremarkable inside the atmosphere and on the "surface".  Without mods, gas giants in KSP 1 lack clouds, weather, and other cool features that make such worlds worth exploring. The KSP 2 development team revealed that clouds will be a feature in the game, and they hinted that Jool looks amazing with them. My question is, how will the atmospheres and "surfaces" of gas giants in KSP 2 look? How many layers of swirling cloud layers will there be, and will the "surface" of gas planets be more than a black abyss of doom?

1 hour ago, wpetula said:

In KSP 1, gas giants can look amazing from space but are unremarkable inside the atmosphere and on the "surface".  Without mods, gas giants in KSP 1 lack clouds, weather, and other cool features that make such worlds worth exploring. The KSP 2 development team revealed that clouds will be a feature in the game, and they hinted that Jool looks amazing with them. My question is, how will the atmospheres and "surfaces" of gas giants in KSP 2 look? How many layers of swirling cloud layers will there be, and will the "surface" of gas planets be more than a black abyss of doom?

All I know is that they said a few days ago they were going to show Jools clouds, so you will probably have a real answer within this month.

Just now, wpetula said:

Where did they mention this? I didn't see it in their tweet....

The clouds forum post

On 4/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, KSPStar said:

Oh, before we forget – we’ve been working on some proper clouds as well. Wait till you see how they look on Jool!

1 minute ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

The clouds forum post

I think they mean that "you're going to see it when the game releases". They don't mention anything about this month.

37 minutes ago, wpetula said:

I think they mean that "you're going to see it when the game releases". They don't mention anything about this month.

They are hinting at them showing Jool. The game is coming out next year. Why would they tease us like that. Maybe its just me but I expect to see Jool soon.