Identify which mod patched a part

I have maybe too many mods installed, and after a major round of updating, I am finding all command modules have been disabled.  Is there a way to see what has patched command modules that would have disabled them, or am I stuck disabling mods until something changes?

Yes- look in KSP/Logs/ModuleManager and you’ll get the patch logs from module manager which should show which patch(es) were applied to any given part. Pick a part, find its part name in the part file and then search for that part name in the patch logs (ctrl/cmd+F, don’t just scroll through it!) to find every patch that gets applied to it, then track down the patch that is removing its command ability.

I find VSCode particularly useful when digging into configs etc. as it can search for text within every file in a directory, so when I open my KSP GameData directory it’ll look in every part file and every patch config file.

I was trying that last night, and the only line of all the logs that came back was this:

[LOG 01:53:08.457] Load(Texture): Squad/Parts/@thumbs/probeCoreOcto2.v2_icon

Edit:

Gosh darn file names!  I should have been looking for probeCoreOcto2_v2, not .v2!

Edited by traisjames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.