will the ksp 2 release date be accelerated?

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

As excited as I am to play it Im pretty okay with waiting to get things really polished up. The scope of this game is really huge, and I think there are some critical gameplay systems that are difficult to do well an Im happy to see them take the time to do it.

100%

The naivety to expect that the game will come out anywhere in 2022 (or—gasp—earlier) is adorable. If they stick to their 2022 promise I suspect it'll be a Christmas release but given how software development tends to be grossly optimistic about delivery dates I would not exclude 2023 as the actual year of publication. There's a reason Squad continuous to work on KSP and we should be grateful for it.

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

The naivety to expect that the game will come out anywhere in 2022 (or—gasp—earlier) is adorable. If they stick to their 2022 promise I suspect it'll be a Christmas release but given how software development tends to be grossly optimistic about delivery dates I would not exclude 2023 as the actual year of publication. There's a reason Squad continuous to work on KSP and we should be grateful for it.

Christmas release is very unlikely. Take 2 is not releasing this game for the holiday saeason, I guarantee.

6 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Christmas release is very unlikely. Take 2 is not releasing this game for the holiday saeason, I guarantee.

November '22 would be a pretty good window. KSP doesn't compete with blockbusters directly, so it's not actually a bad time. And based on current trajectory, there's a good chance that the game will be ready to ship by then. Of course, additional delays are always possible, but my guess is that late '22 is still the target. This gives Intercept almost a year until feature lockdown and 4-5 months polish time before submit. And the only thing that's at risk on this schedule is multiplayer, which doesn't strictly speaking have to ship in full at release. If it's a choice between delaying the game further and shipping with very limited or even disabled MP, I think later is the better call.

1 minute ago, K^2 said:

November '22 would be a pretty good window. KSP doesn't compete with blockbusters directly, so it's not actually a bad time. And based on current trajectory, there's a good chance that the game will be ready to ship by then. Of course, additional delays are always possible, but my guess is that late '22 is still the target. This gives Intercept almost a year until feature lockdown and 4-5 months polish time before submit. And the only thing that's at risk on this schedule is multiplayer, which doesn't strictly speaking have to ship in full at release. If it's a choice between delaying the game further and shipping with very limited or even disabled MP, I think later is the better call.

I definitely think this is a possible scenario. I personally believe that the game will release in spring or fall, but thats just me.

I also agree multiplayer does not have to be a launch feature. 

I'm going to disagree about multiplayer.  It was listed as a feature of the game, and if it's not in at release time, I can see a lot of people getting their underpants in a wad over it.  Best if it is included.

(I personally don't care, I'm just making an observation about the denizens of the forum based on experience.)

13 minutes ago, razark said:

I'm going to disagree about multiplayer.  It was listed as a feature of the game, and if it's not in at release time, I can see a lot of people getting their underpants in a wad over it.  Best if it is included.

(I personally don't care, I'm just making an observation about the denizens of the forum based on experience.)

You make a good point. Personally, I would not mind if multiplayer was delayed, but that is just me.