Woomerang and Desert Airfield?

Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Desert airfield be in KSP 2?

• No
    • Yes, in it's KSP 1 form
    • Yes, but evolved
  2. 2. Should the Woomerang launch site be in KSP 2?

• No
    • Yes, in it's KSP 1 form
    • Yes, but evolved
  3. 3. Do you / have you used Woomerang launch site or Desert airfield before

• yes, one of the two
    • no, neither
    • yes, both!

Does it make sense to have the Woomerang and Desert launch sites in KSP 2? And if they are, should they be more evolved?

And should the old KSC center easter egg also be a launch site?

Both should be expanded a bit, just having a launchpad/runway in the middle of nowhere doesn’t make much sense. I greatly prefer the versions of these (and other) sites that JNSQ provides via Kerbal Konstructs as they have buildings and other infrastructure that you’d expect from a proper rocket launch site.

I remember when (back in 0.18) even the KSC was very limited. Using Planetary Base Systems ( a mod) in version 0.28, I constructed "settlements" near the locations of both Woomerang and the Desert Airfield, and even the old Island Airfield across from the KSC. Using Kerbal Konstructs, you can actually bring back functionality to the old Kerbal Space Center, too.

One of the things that's always bothered me about KSP (the original) is the lack of surface settlements on Kerbin. You'd think that with the Kermen being a space-age society, there would be cities all over the planet. I had even hoped that when 1.0 was released, we would have had the ability to construct buildings on Kerbin without having to use some sort mods to do it.

With what we've seen with KSP2, I am hoping that the new colonization feature will allow us to put settlements all over the planet in addition to the rocky worlds we encounter.

8 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

And should the old KSC center easter egg also be a launch site?

Yes, and to add to these the KSC and other launch sites should have some customisability like the colonies we've been shown.