What's the hardest destination in KSP? (Poll)

Hardest destination  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is the hardest destination in KSP?

• Moho
    • Eve
    • Gilly
    • Mun
    • Minmus
    • Duna
    • Ike
    • Dres
    • Asteroids
    • Comets
    • Jool
    • Laythe
    • Vall
    • Tylo
    • Bop
    • Pol
    • Eeloo
  2. 2. What was the last place for you to visit in KSP? (If you haven't visited any one of the places on the list, just select them as well)

• Moho system
    • Eve System
    • Kerbin moons system
    • Duna system
    • Asteroid, Comets, or Dresteroids
    • Dres system
    • Jool system
    • Eeloo system

Working on a new video, which will go thru what it the hardest destinations in KSP, and how to do them. But I wanted to ask the general forum public what they think is the hardest destination in KSP?

please, consider the following - YouTube

While you do your score, please consider the following:

-Think of a destination as overall in difficulty

-My rating system will be

General deltaV requirements

Difficulty in sending a probe

Difficulty in doing a return crew mission

Combining those together, you can get a good score.

So please think your responses thru, results will be in KSP video! :D

I'll go with Eve. You can't just slam into the atmosphere from interplanetary, or even orbital without planning. Once you DO slow down landing is trivial, but taking off again can be a chore.

The only really easy part about Eve is the cost to get there, which is the cheapest ejection from Kerbin's SOI and cheapest encounter orbital burn. The plane change though usually makes it a bit more expensive than Duna.

Another good candidate is Moho, because the need for a prolonged high DV burn both on ejection and encounter. once there though it's not much different than any other midrange airless world (of which it is the largest).

Just getting somewhere, I’d say Moho, just because it takes so much delta-V to get there. With a gravity assist (or assists) from Eve that number comes down, but then you have to try and time the launch and multiple encounters with moving targets which is arguably even harder. Landing, Tylo obviously because of the orbital velocity you need to brake off just using rockets, and getting back from is Eve without a doubt, although coming back from Laythe could also be challenging due to how deep inside Jool’s gravity well it is.

I'm a RSS/RO Player, but for stock, my opinion is that the hardest destination would be a tour of the whole Kerbol system. Basically shoot for Kerbol itself and then visit all of the planets with it's moons. Any delta-V possible in the game is not even enough to do that. You need crazy amounts of delta-Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! To get there.

Moho for the insane amount of dV required to go from encounter to stable orbit. 

It’s usually one of the first I go to though as transfer windows seem favourable. Therefore I went with Eeloo for last place I got to (although it may have been one of Jool’s moons thinking about it).

depends on your objective.

for single mission deltaV: moho. no competition, by far the most difficult place to get to, cheaply. but if you can spend some, it's easy enough.

for return mission: eve. again no competition. if you just want to land a probe it's easy, put a thermal shield and a parachute. if you want to return a crew, you need a big rocket, and to get that rocket though the atmosphere you need to go crazy.

for landing safely: tylo. the high cost of rocket braking throws off all my instincts, i always start the suicide burn too late and i end up crashing on the ground multiple time before finally landing safely. but it's still cheaper than moho to get there, and cheaper than eve to leave. tylo is also a killer place to drive a rover on; high gravity, no drag, and steep ravines. I suffered a lot of accidents there.

Eeloo deserves a mention for finding an actual intercept, the first time i spent half an hour with the manuever node because its SoI is tiny compared to its surroundings, plus its inclined orbit means the game won't even give you a close marker. but once you have an intercept, the rest is easy.

Jool's inner atmosphere should get a mention, but it's actually easier to go there and to return than it is to land and take off from Eve. i have a spaceplane that can do it with jool, i tried it on eve and it got trashed on the way in, and then it couldn't return to orbit. but i guess jool sea level is bound to be harder than eve.

Laythe deserves a mention in combination with the kerbalism mod. Kerbalism, among other things, adds radiation belts, and laythe is deep inside jool's ones, so that while getting there is no harder than usual, getting a crew to laythe and running away before the radiations kill them is quite difficult

Edited by king of nowhere

11 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Surface skimming Kerbol encounter.     Insane  dV to get there, and you’ll probably melt before you do.  

Take a Jool encounter, then you can slide down to kerbol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.