(IN HIATUS) Realism Overhaul One-Stop Config Shop!!

Fundati

I'm making configs for mods so that they can be used in Realism Overhaul.

Configs for our favorite mods!

Currently working on configs for:

TBD

Planned configs:

Bluedog Design Bureau

Tantares (SP, LV, and Neptune Camera support)

Nertea's 'Near Future' mod suite, 'Cryo Engines' suite, and possibly 'Far Future Technology'

KNES

Endurance

Restock and Restock+

Suggestions for more are welcomed!

Unplanned/Won't Happen Configs:

Tundra Exploration (Due to conflict with FAR. If this changes, I might consider)

Benjee10's mods (S.O.C.K, reDIRECT, HabTech2, and Planetside) including Kertemis Program mod

All configs are written with Kerbalism and Deadly Reentry in mind. If you prefer to use TAC Life Support, I am considering making a branch for you as changing the configs around to use TAC instead of Kerbalism is pretty easy.

Download here:

GITHUB

Obviously, these configs are for Realism Overhaul

Spoiler

WIP, there will be stuff here soon

Special thanks to:

All mod authors, artists, and associated persons for all Mods listed above

License:

Spoiler

MIT License

Copyright (c) [2021] [Fundati]

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
SOFTWARE.

Edited by Fundati

Dev Log 1:

I've begun the configs for S.O.C.K. and reDIRECT. Command Pods have been sorted out and seem to be working as planned.

I've put all part cofigs for S.O.C.K. into one file, but it seems like only the Command Pod worked. I wonder if each part needs a seperate config (Although this wouldn't make much sense since other Realism Overhaul configs put all parts of one mod in the same config).

reDIRECT is in the same boat. Only the Orion capsule worked, all other parts in the config failed. In both configs I have the Command Pod's as the first item. I will try making a separate config for each part to see if that changes this.

Here's some evidence

My current configs are on the Github for anyone to view. I ask anyone who knows their way around Realism Overhaul configs to please take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong :)

Cheers!

Edited by Fundati

OMG OMG OMG :o :o :o :o :o 

You are actually making RO configs for the Interstellar Endurance and @benjee10's mods?????///?/// :o :o 

I cannot describe how happy and amazed I am right now :D :D :D :D :D !!

Thank you so much, I will download these right this second !!!

Edited by SpaceX_Boi
Typo

Hey, I have a suggestion -

Would you plan on making Konstellation Program and Kertemis Program configs, since they go great with reDIRECT? That would be very much appreciated.:) 

P.S. nice pfp ;) 

2 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Hey, I have a suggestion -

Would you plan on making Konstellation Program and Kertemis Program configs, since they go great with reDIRECT? That would be very much appreciated.:) 

P.S. nice pfp ;) 

Only if the mod adds fuel tanks or command pods. Otherwise, there isn't anything to configure for RO. I haven't used it so I'm unfamiliar.

33 minutes ago, Fundati said:

Only if the mod adds fuel tanks or command pods. Otherwise, there isn't anything to configure for RO. I haven't used it so I'm unfamiliar.

You should definitely check them out, they're awesome! :D:happy:

And yes they do have fuel tanks and command pods lol ;) 

Most of these mods are already partially, if not fully configured for RO.

SOCK has configs pending on Github, and Habtech2 is partially configured.

Bluedog Design Bureau is partially configured, Tantares is partially configured, and most of the Near Future Mods are partially, if not fully configured.

Restock has been a recommended core mod of RO and RP-1 for years, it is fully configured.

Also, instead of making the configs here where they will probably get lost, commit them to the RealismOverhaul Github repository so they can be added to Realism Overhaul officially please.

Just going to mention that your a bit late to the configing of SOCK, and sorta for redirect
Redirect is being configed by me, they may or may not get PR'ed to RO at some future point
SOCK- https://github.com/StonesmileGit/RealismOverhaul/commit/c4192bad07e87e1b044072d9bc2188f4d5dea420
Kirk you beat me D:

Edited by Jceratops
Words part of a link that shouldn't have been

Continuing on this, I have done some work on Kertemis/Redirect configs, its a huge pain as redirect is all sorts out of proportion.

At this point in time I believe the only mods that you should really take the time to config are Planetside and FFT, and the Near future mods have already gotten the useful things configed, Cryogenic engines is made redundant by ROEngines, SOCK has its configs completed, and Redirect can be nearly completely replaced by procs, as all rocket part mods can be

screenshot1153.png?width=1033&height=581unknown.png?width=1033&height=581

Edited by Jceratops

1 hour ago, The Destroyer said:

Are you going to try to get them merged into Realism Overhaul itself when they're done?

That's all dependent on the makers of Realism Overhaul. I would be honored to have them include the configs with the base mod, but they will always be available on the Github for those who just want Kerbalism configs, or Deadly Reentry configs.

1 hour ago, capkirk said:

Most of these mods are already partially, if not fully configured for RO.

Mods like Tantares and Bluedog have a LOT of parts. Nowhere I could find have anywhere near a complete config for every part. This isn't meant to 'fix' all inconsistencies or problems that may be inherent in the design of the parts. I just want to configure them to be ready to use in Realism Overhaul. I also want the parts included in these mods be be used as a sort of alternative to other RO mods, like ROEngines.

1 hour ago, Jceratops said:

Redirect is being configed by me

Fantastic! If that's so I might just move my priority to other mods. I'd love to take a look at your configs and see how you're doing it (as I'm still learning the ins-and-outs of configuring for RO).

I'm going to add Konstellation and Kertamis Program to the list of configs. If you don't mind @Jceratops I'll reference your reDIRECT configs in order to keep a consistency across the mods.

heheh... about that.... Ive already configured the useful thing of Kertemis lol, the EUS (Not a single clue on how to config the fairing base, just the mod that its done with)

Note on the 'RO Devs' There is no specific dev team, as RO more functions as a community project

Edited by Jceratops

1 hour ago, Jceratops said:

heheh... about that.... Ive already configured the useful thing of Kertemis lol, the EUS (Not a single clue on how to config the fairing base, just the mod that its done with)

Dang you :P

Cool, guess I'll move my efforts to another mod

1 hour ago, Fundati said:

That's all dependent on the makers of Realism Overhaul. I would be honored to have them include the configs with the base mod, but they will always be available on the Github for those who just want Kerbalism configs, or Deadly Reentry configs.

RO is a community project, and if you make good configs with a bit of real-life data to back it up, I'm sure it'll get approved.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Due to current life situations and conflicting interest in config making, along with the fact that I'd like to move onto another project for KSP, this project is on an indefinite hiatus

Thanks for understanding, everyone

Cheers,

Fundati

• 6 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 10:44 PM, Jceratops said:

Note on the 'RO Devs' There is no specific dev team, as RO more functions as a community project

About that, where are those configs anyhow?

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.