Is it weird that I landed on the mun before i landed on minmus?

Sure it might be easier to land Minmus, but its a bit harder to get there in the first place. The orbit has a inclination to it and the sphere of influence is smaller. The Mun is a much easier target to hit for new players, just with higher Delta V requirements.  I'd guess at least 75% of players land on the Mun first.

I landed on Mun first too.

It seemed logical as it's nearer and easier to 'hit' than Minmus.

For that reason, my guess is that most players would do it that way round.  Minmus may well be easier in practice, but you don't actually find that out until you either do it or read about it.

9 hours ago, determinationmaster said:

I find the low gravity makes it really hard to get a good control of the landing site.

May I ask how? With lower gravity you can easily just reduce your fall to zero, turn around and pick a better spot. Or just do a little hop if the landing site doesn't suit you. 

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

May I ask how? With lower gravity you can easily just reduce your fall to zero, turn around and pick a better spot. Or just do a little hop if the landing site doesn't suit you. 

Because the lower gravity requires some finesse with the throttle to maintain control, a skill experienced players take for granted.

Quite often new players overdo the burn and end up going away from the landing spot, then mess up realigning themselves (especially if the navball is set to retrograde as you become inverted). This leads to frustration which is never healthy when learning something new. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.