Munsat 1

Madmarshman

I'm still taking baby steps, but after landing my first probe on Minmus this morning, I'm happy to have put my first relay satellite in a nice orbit around Mun, this evening. I was more interested in the 3 hour period than being exactly circularised. Not a full network, but it will help a little while I learn how to insert  others.

TDURDIz.png

Just my opinion, but launching strategically placed relay sats is part of the fun in this game. One game I went a wee bit overboard and had 4 over Kerbin, 3 over Mun, and 2 over Minmus :joy:

10 hours ago, Dientus said:

Just my opinion, but launching strategically placed relay sats is part of the fun in this game. One game I went a wee bit overboard and had 4 over Kerbin, 3 over Mun, and 2 over Minmus :joy:

I plan to put some relays up, but I still learning the basics. This was an exercise for me in accurate orbital manoeuvres, an it will help a little when on the far side.

Hi there,

I have a link to a tool for you to help with Satellite networks and orbits in general.

I've checked the links to the calculator and they're still good.  You can use this to work out a suitable elliptical orbit that will let you drop satellites evenly around a planet so that they give best coverage. 

19 minutes ago, NewtSoup said:

Hi there,

I have a link to a tool for you to help with Satellite networks and orbits in general.

I've checked the links to the calculator and they're still good.  You can use this to work out a suitable elliptical orbit that will let you drop satellites evenly around a planet so that they give best coverage. 

Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.