Kerbal Experience seems to be broken.

Hi there, 

I've been away for a while and have just come back to KSP and immediately hit a roadblock that may stop me from carrying on my project.

I was doing an "out of science" start 10% science rewards and Kerbals must level up

However

When loading my old 1.9 save I found that my pilots had ALL the skills available to them even though they were  zero star pilots.

I thought this may be a bug in translation of the 1.9 save to the current version so I created a brand new 10% science game again with kerbal experience enabled. But once more Valentina right at the start on the first launch has all the kerbal skills available to her.  Is this a known bug with the current version?  The only "helper" mod I have installed is Kerbal Engineer Redux.  The rest are simply prettification mods ( Distant Objects,  EVE, Community Terrain )

Anyone got a clue what's going on?

R

Edited by NewtSoup

Oh Frabjous Day! 

Thank you for that.

Oh that doesn't seem to be it.  I don't have that option checked.  Only "Part Upgrades" is checked.  Perhaps I should turn that off too.

**edit** nope that didn't fix it either.  New game time

Edited by NewtSoup

6 minutes ago, Daedalus3000 said:

Hmmm. Yeah a new game might fix it

It didn't

New game.  All options carefully selected.  Kerbal Experience enabled.  Kerbals instantly level up turned off and Valentina still has all skills on first launch.

Well then.  I shall be leaving KSP as I wanted to specifically carry on with that version.  See you at KSP 1.11.2 :D

I know it probably seems silly but it's just not the way I was aiming to play at the moment and I don't want to start yet another project in the mean time.

Dang it.  1.11.3  :D

Turns out that you can revert KSP in steam.

Library  -> KSP -> Right click -> Properties -> Betas  -> Select the Beta you would like to opt into and choose an earlier version.

I've switched to 1.10.1 which has worked.  But now my save games are incompatible :(

For this series I was using a custom Krew.  And when I try to "Create Kerbal" in  1.10.1 the Kerbals level is maxed to 5 even though I have Kerbal Experience enabled. 
A restart fixed that!. 

Time to play katch-up :D

Edited by NewtSoup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.