Kerbin Visual Enhancements

Benjordy2

screenshot266.pngscreenshot267.png

This mod adds nice visuals to your stock KSP With High Res  Clouds and City Lights! 

Credit to HafCoJoe for Spectra(Clouds).

and WazWaz for BoulderCo (CityLights).

Dependencies:EVE Redux,Scatterer,ModuleManager.

Installation:Open the Zip file. then go into the GameData folder and copy KVE to your KSP GameData folder! Or install it on Ckan!

Download Here:https://spacedock.info/mod/2688/Kerbin Visual Enhancements

license:  CC-BY-NC-SA

Edited by Benjordy2

18 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Hi @Benjordy2, please add an appropriate license to the forum post (and downloadable package if it isn't already) as per our Add On Posting rules.

Hi! There is a download link already and about the license i think I got that 

Edited by Benjordy2

Hi @Benjordy2, and welcome to the forums! :)

A question-- when you say this,

42 minutes ago, Benjordy2 said:

Credit to HafCoJoe for Spectra(Clouds).

and WazWaz for BoulderCo (CityLights).

...what exactly do you mean by that?  Did you work with these people and they made content for you to include in your mod?  Or did you copy content from someone else's mod to include in your own?

If it's someone else's stuff that you found somewhere and included, where did you include it from?  Could you provide a link?

4 minutes ago, Snark said:

Hi @Benjordy2, and welcome to the forums! :)

A question-- when you say this,

...what exactly do you mean by that?  Did you work with these people and they made content for you to include in your mod?  Or did you copy content from someone else's mod to include in your own?

If it's someone else's stuff that you found somewhere and included, where did you include it from?  Could you provide a link?

I used  some of there content and modified it to make them work together and make this visual mod. Here are the links:https://spacedock.info/mod/2471/RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra and https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/eve-environmental-visual-enhancements/files

Edited by Benjordy2

12 minutes ago, Benjordy2 said:

Thank you.  When I look at those two links, I see that RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, whereas you've licensed your mod as MIT.

That's a license incompatibility, which is a problem-- since CC-BY-NC-SA is more restrictive than MIT, that means you can't take CC-BY-NC-SA content and re-license it as MIT, since that means you'd be erasing part of the original license.

Fortunately, CC-BY-NC-SA is still a fairly permissive license-- it's just not quite as wide-open as MIT is.  You could solve that by changing your license from MIT to CC-BY-NC-SA (though if you do so, you need to make sure that you change it not just here in your forum post and on your SpaceDock page, but also in the license file that you include with your download).

From looking at the EVE link that you provide, it appears that it's licensed MIT, so you should be in the clear, there.

(Sorry for the hassle-- I know that issues of license compatibility can be confusing.  Here's a discussion of the issue, if it helps.)

5 minutes ago, Snark said:

Thank you.  When I look at those two links, I see that RVE64k Kerbin Clouds for Spectra is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA, whereas you've licensed your mod as MIT.

That's a license incompatibility, which is a problem-- since CC-BY-NC-SA is more restrictive than MIT, that means you can't take CC-BY-NC-SA content and re-license it as MIT, since that means you'd be erasing part of the original license.

Fortunately, CC-BY-NC-SA is still a fairly permissive license-- it's just not quite as wide-open as MIT is.  You could solve that by changing your license from MIT to CC-BY-NC-SA (though if you do so, you need to make sure that you change it not just here in your forum post and on your SpaceDock page, but also in the license file that you include with your download).

From looking at the EVE link that you provide, it appears that it's licensed MIT, so you should be in the clear, there.

(Sorry for the hassle-- I know that issues of license compatibility can be confusing.  Here's a discussion of the issue, if it helps.)

Changed the license to CC-BY-NC-SA is everything fine now?

1 minute ago, Benjordy2 said:

Changed the license to CC-BY-NC-SA is everything fine now?

Looks good on your forum post here, and on your SpaceDock page.  :)

However, I note that you don't appear to have updated your downloadable file with a new version-- don't you still need to replace the license file that's inside your downloadable mod?

1 minute ago, Snark said:

Looks good on your forum post here, and on your SpaceDock page.  :)

However, I note that you don't appear to have updated your downloadable file with a new version-- don't you still need to replace the license file that's inside your downloadable mod?

Good thing that its good on the forum post and SpaceDock page now!

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.