SSRSS lighting problem

Hi.

I started playing SSRSS (Stock Size Real Solar System) and I am having a problem with the lighting. When I get to space near the Moon, the surface becomes really dark even if I'm on the day side of the Moon.

This is what the surface looks like:

img%5D

Edited by Randrico

Check your ambient lighting settings (or use the minimum ambient lighting mod), if it’s set too low then things end up really dark. I’ve seen people saying that they’ve had terrain lighting issues with Kerbal-scale RSS mods (is KSRSS the same as SSRSS?) so this may be related to that; try asking in the mod’s forum thread.

it appears you have distant object enhancer.
This looks like it may be related as there are no stars.
See if you can find the setting which changes the reflection of surface body's (cant remember what its called). Try turning it off or setting it to a minimum
The game may also just need a restart.
Hope it helps.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, Rambow_Ninja94 said:

it appears you have distant object enhancer.
This looks like it may be related as there are no stars.
See if you can find the setting which changes the reflection of surface body's (cant remember what its called). Try turning it off or setting it to a minimum
The game may also just need a restart.
Hope it helps.

I tried set the reflection setting off and I tried to boost the ambience light boost to 100% but it just boosted the light of the spacecraft not the surface. Restarting also did not help. Also there were no stars in the image, because that was the surface of the Moon. Thanks for trying to help though.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Check your ambient lighting settings (or use the minimum ambient lighting mod), if it’s set too low then things end up really dark. I’ve seen people saying that they’ve had terrain lighting issues with Kerbal-scale RSS mods (is KSRSS the same as SSRSS?) so this may be related to that; try asking in the mod’s forum thread.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but using the minimum lighting sadly didn't help. I searched for the mod's forum, but it has been closed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.